mtbr member
    May 2010

Motobecane Fantom Team in Singapore!

Yey! I received my Motobecane Fantom Team! Maybe I am the only one in Singapore who owns it! Been waiting for it and finding ways to get it since May! My effort really paid off!

Last edited by thelonelyrunner; 08-12-2010 at 05:06 AM.

S*it Happens!
    Awesome...but, no photos show.
    Ok, now they're working...
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    sorry. put the wrong link. now the photos are working!

S*it Happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by thelonelyrunner
    sorry. put the wrong link. now the photos are working!
    No biggie... Look's like, good things come to those who wait.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

DynoDon
    Nice bike, looks familiar, I just got my Team last week, I've got 85 trail miles on it now, great bike, the cassette was all wrong, the tires didnt' hook up, but the bike is awesome, Congrats, Happy Trails !!

you never can tell
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by manabiker
    ...I just got my Team last week...the cassette was all wrong...
    What was wrong with it?

DynoDon

it was a road bike gear

Quote Originally Posted by pwoods
    What was wrong with it?
    the cassette that came on the bike was a road bike gear, 11x27, I changed to a 12x32, same as my Fantom Comp so it would be easier to learn and I was using the granny gear alot more then I'm used to. It has made it easier to ride with less shifting, and almost no granny gear, unless I find a big climb, so less confusion, there are no indicators on the shifters, so less looking down, them trees keep jumping out infront of me and they hurt.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    yeah! just realised the cassette is Shimano Ultegra CS6500 9 Speed. Hmm, i wonder why road bike casette is on a MTB? will it work well?

For this bike, it has 12T to 27T and most mtbs casette are between 11T to 34T. Will it have a problem to climb steep slopes?

DynoDon

more then that

yeah! just realised the cassette is Shimano Ultegra CS6500 9 Speed. Hmm, i wonder why road bike casette is on a MTB? will it work well?

For this bike, it has 12T to 27T and most mtbs casette are between 11T to 34T. Will it have a problem to climb steep slopes?
    it's not only the final climbing gear that is missing (the 32 or 34) its missing the same gear on the middle front ring, so you're shifting down to granny many times when you could stay in the middle ring, I guess it would depend on where you ride, but where I ride it creates alot more shifting.
    I would think the road bike gear is lighter then a mountian bike gear, if you're really concerened with weight it may count for something, but then you could cut off a body part your not using too!!LOL!!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I may want to cut the access fat on me! haha!

S*it Happens!
    Yey! I received my Motobecane Fantom Team! Maybe I am the only one in Singapore who owns it! Been waiting for it and finding ways to get it since May! My effort really paid off!
    I find it odd…you ordered the bike and then waited months to have it shipped to you in Singapore, Now you’re wondering about the performance of the cassette.

That’s like, buying a new car. Then after it’s a done deal, and month later, you call the dealer to ask “what size motor does it have and what kind of gas mileage, can I expect?"

Crazy world…
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

mtbr member
    May 2010
    haha. no worries. i have changed the cassette!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I got mine a few weeks ago and I love it. I changed out the tires for some wider ones with a little more traction though.

DynoDon
    if you replaced the 28t cassette with a 32t cassette, I hope you added 4 more links in the chain, or as many links as you added on the new cassette, like 6 if you added a 34t.