mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Motobecane Customer Service

Last week I received my Motobecane 450ht. I finished putting it together and took it for a test ride to check a shifting points. While completing my test ride the rear cassette bent in half. After initially freaking out, I emailed bikes direct. They responded to my email within 20mins with a response of "we are sorry for the inconvenience. We went ahead and sent you out an upgraded cassette. ..." they sent me a SRAM cassette which arrived 2 business days later. Now thats customer service! Motobecane Customer Service-20130308_131712.jpg

mtbr member
    Glad to hear it. The one time I had to deal with them (have purchased two BD bikes) they were very fast.
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Same here...
    Ordered a bike for my wife a few weeks ago, they shipped the wrong size, email was responded to very quickly, shipped the bike back and had the correct one the very next day.

mtbr member
    Old thread but I figured I'd share my experience with BD customer service.

I found it to be above average. I spoke to Matt several times and he always answered quickly and was very helpful in his responses. First issue was a derailleur hanger, second was an issue with a bent dropout on my 500 HT (related to the derailluer hanger, perhaps? I'm a big guy at 6'3" 215 and I am quite hard on gear) and he was super helpful with different options and much more helpful compared to Motobecane when it came to the warranty issue - I didn't need to warranty the frame or anything, but after a short correspondance with Matt, I figured I would pick up a new frame (basically for the price of shipping the current bike to and from Motobecane) or do some work with a rubber mallet. I chose the latter, and all is well. I was very impressed with the customer service, especially after hearing some places that BD will leave you out to dry if you have any problems. I found this not to be the case and was pleasantly surprised with how helpful they were.

Back in the Saddle Again
    I recently dealt with Matt as well in regards to a rim with a flat spot. I have had the bike since May and had issues with the rim from day one. When I emailed them, Matt was quick to reply. I took a video of the flat spot and he not only replied fast but had the new rim shipped that day, so I am looking forward to the new rim in a few days.

I commend BD on their impressive CS dept.