mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Motobecane customer service

After the first two rides on my new Fly Ti, I noticed that the QR nut & washer were missing from the crank arm. I know they were there when I got the bike.

A couple of emails back and fourth to Bikesdirect and they said they'd send me a replacement. I just received it in the mail today. A minor item for sure but they could have said no that it was my fault but they didn't.

My buddy at the LBS was surprised they sent me the replacement.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the feedback.

As much as it is for personal reasons out of having recently purchased a Fly Team Ti that I want to see stellar service coming from Bikesdirect, I'd also like to see much of the criticism vindicated once and for all, especially from those who've never purchased or otherwise had first-hand experience with BD, but somehow feel qualified to pile on to some posters' claimed negative experiences.

I hope BD continues to make good penny wise, pound wise customer-oriented moves - which does NOT mean I expect them to blindly warranty-replace frames that have been user-abused/damaged, such as in that instance where a customer clearly drove over their bike or got their bike driven over, but posters incredulously found it reasonable to bash BD for giving the customer a "runaround" with replacing the frame which I believe was a carbon-fiber, at that.

I'm no fanboi, merely open and eager to hearing actual first-hand customer service experiences to validate/invalidate my confidence in purchasing from BD for which it is up to BD to make or break themselves.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Good to hear. Like the above poster, these stories help make me think my purchase from BD was a solid decision. If I would have found this forum before ordering from BD, I may have been persuaded by all the negatives. I'm just hoping it was all hear say, so to speak.

mtbr member
    I have just had a horrible experience at an LBS trying to get a fix for a broken attachment for a kids trailer I got from them. What a bunch of bozos.

It is faster to me to order a part and put it on myself, not to mention much, much cheaper.

If talking about horror stories, they should be talking about idiots at many LBS around here. They just take a margin and do little. Yes, I know there are exeptions, and yes, I know that most people can not tell a derailleur from a hole in the ground.