Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    dvn
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by allthatisman View Post
    Your's looks like the pre-tapered head tube version, which is the older style. Just put some Citri-Strip on it, leave it for an hour or more, and use an old toothbrush to rub them right off. There's no clear coat, it's just brushed and polished.
    Great. I'll give it a whirl. Thanks.
    "Either way it doesn't really matter, I just got back from a bike ride."
    > dbhammercycle

dvn
    mtbr member
    So I just tried the Citristrip. I tried it on the small Motobecane emblem on the seat tube. I let it sit for 1 hour and nothing! It didn't even soften the emblem. Apparently it needs to be on longer but I thought it would at least have some effect. Suggestions?

EDIT: Leave the Citristrip on for at least 24 hours. The decals practically fall off at that point. Came out great. Pics to follow.
    Last edited by dvn; 05-13-2014 at 03:57 AM.
    > dbhammercycle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dvn View Post
    So I just tried the Citristrip. I tried it on the small Motobecane emblem on the seat tube. I let it sit for 1 hour and nothing! It didn't even soften the emblem. Apparently it needs to be on longer but I thought it would at least have some effect. Suggestions?

EDIT: Leave the Citristrip on for at least 24 hours. The decals practically fall off at that point. Came out great. Pics to follow.
    Do you have the pictures?

I also heard blow dryer works well too?

dvn
    mtbr member
    Blow dryer won't work. Be patient with the Citristip. It may take a couple applications of at least 24 hours but it works great.

Moto Sticker removal methods?-img_20140506_184425_303.jpg

Moto Sticker removal methods?-img_20140513_112343_427-1024x577-.jpg
    > dbhammercycle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dvn View Post
    Blow dryer won't work. Be patient with the Citristip. It may take a couple applications of at least 24 hours but it works great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140506_184425_303.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	996219

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140513_112343_427 (1024x577).jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	996221
    That's a gorgeous bike now. Man those stickers look so nasty, I am not ashamed of MOTO just the aesthetics. I can't wait to do mine. Thanks so much.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I only removed the top tube sticker since it was the biggest offender - don't mind the Motobecane logo.
    I used Goo Off and it was as painless as it gets - a matter of seconds. I squirted it on a piece of a paper towel and rubbed it away - that's it. I thought that the sticker left some minimal ghosting from less UV exposure underneath, but after a couple of weeks it wasn't there anymore.

A month later I also removed the small round Motobecane decal from the seat tube (still in the attached photo.)

I think it looks much cleaner now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto Sticker removal methods?-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Brake cleaner always works for me.
    2013 Transition TransAM
    2013 Specialized Camber Comp (Sold)
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    Moto stickers are on and stayin. Awwww don't like my Moto? Haters gonna hate. Haters gonna buy $3k Brands yet ride the same speed and skill as me. Haters gonna smirk. Haters gonna put another $500 in to outerwear. Hater's bike was built in the same ****ing factory by the same poor Koreans or Chinese. Haters ain't gonna buy you a bike. Haters gonna get all up in your business judging income levels and priorities in your face or behind your back. Haters gonna be good at biking but not know shit about raising kids or anything else shy of whiping their ass. Haters gonna wonder why you didn't fork out the other $1000 for a bike from their shop. Haters gonna be *****. Haters gonna hate, oh I mentioned that already.

"Yah I own a Motobecane fat bike, the drop out design's ****ed up and the stock cranks blew out after hundred miles. Be cool and I'll offer a beer. Wanna race?"
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
    Moto stickers are on and stayin. Awwww don't like my Moto? Haters gonna hate. Haters gonna buy $3k Brands yet ride the same speed and skill as me. Haters gonna smirk. Haters gonna put another $500 in to outerwear. Hater's bike was built in the same ****ing factory by the same poor Koreans or Chinese. Haters ain't gonna buy you a bike. Haters gonna get all up in your business judging income levels and priorities in your face or behind your back. Haters gonna be good at biking but not know shit about raising kids or anything else shy of whiping their ass. Haters gonna wonder why you didn't fork out the other $1000 for a bike from their shop. Haters gonna be *****. Haters gonna hate, oh I mentioned that already.

"Yah I own a Motobecane fat bike, the drop out design's ****ed up and the stock cranks blew out after hundred miles. Be cool and I'll offer a beer. Wanna race?"
    What the?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsync View Post
    I only removed the top tube sticker since it was the biggest offender - don't mind the Motobecane logo.
    I used Goo Off and it was as painless as it gets - a matter of seconds. I squirted it on a piece of a paper towel and rubbed it away - that's it. I thought that the sticker left some minimal ghosting from less UV exposure underneath, but after a couple of weeks it wasn't there anymore.

A month later I also removed the small round Motobecane decal from the seat tube (still in the attached photo.)

I think it looks much cleaner now.
    You mean Goof Off? I'm using Citristrip as we speak - the first 24 hrs has gone by and the labels only partially came off. Trying a second application now and am going to leave it on for a couple of days. Any harm in that?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It usually dries up after that long. I found better results after a few hours only. 2 applications.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Goof Off, of course - wipes off easy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto Sticker removal methods?-___goofphoto.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Sure it wipes off easy, but it doesn't take off the logo paint with it.

How many hours you spend sanding/polishing there? Right tool for the job.

Goof off takes 10x more energy, I tried.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    it was very quick, squirted some Goof Off on a napkin and rubbed the sticker off. It wasn't instant, of course, it did take a few wipes with a little force, but never the less it was fast - a minute or so for one side of the top tube. I also removed ugly Ritcheys logos from the handlebar using the same technique.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4