Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moto Pics!

mtbr member

Moto Pics!

Long time lurker. I have been on BD for a year looking at the bikes. I would like to start a thread for Moto owners to post pics of their rides and specs. Real world pics would be a great help as I am looking at the entire Fly line.

On April 19 of this year, I was stuck by a car on my motorcycle and suffered a broken back, tailbone, ankle, ribs and was in the hospital for a month. The docs just gave me the all clear to ride again so I am looking at a XC bike. I think I am done riding on the road for a bit. This time I am looking for a turn key solution instead of stalking parts on EvilBay. I would like to get some miles in as fall is already here and winter soon behind it here on Long Island.

I would like full bike pics like other manufacturer forums and the items you have changed on your Fly. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I wanted some tires to commute to work and to get some road workouts as well so I ended up getting some Vittoria 700x28c Randonneur tires for my Fantom29Pro. These tires are amazing. They make this Mt.bike rip like a Ferrari!!! I can't believe the difference.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks VTEC for the help on the upload.
    Last edited by jagsr71; 10-19-2008 at 10:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice!
    Last edited by VTECnical; 10-19-2008 at 08:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear about your crash. At least now you are back on the saddle. Here's my Fantom Pro Ti. Bone stock except for my really beaten-up M520 pedals from my old bike. Great handling in the technical stuff & twisties, great climber, fast acceleration and so light. Only time I missed my old FS bike was on long, rocky downhills but the huge 2.35 Kenda tires on the Fantom eat up a lot of the bumps and grips very well. Really love this bike. Can't find anything wrong with it.

Pictures from Patapsco State Park, MD.

Last edited by eujinc; 10-21-2008 at 06:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    That pic is sic! Nice ride.

mtbr member
    That is a mean looking Moto. At just under 200lbs, I think the Fantom Ti might be a better pick for me. How does the SID hold up?
    Last edited by VTECnical; 10-21-2008 at 08:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    nice ride. good place to ride too. I havent been to patapsco in awhile, but some of the best rides i've ever had have been there. It's cool to know there are other motobecanes around.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I was riding @ Patapsco this past Saturday on my Fantom Pro TI. Great bike and great park (first time there). It's a bit of a hike from south of DC though when we have so many parks closer in

mtbr member
    Yeah, Patapsco is a lot of fun. Plenty of options and terrain choices. There is a weekly group ride every Tues @ 4:30 pm. I just got back from that ride. There were 7 riders today, all from the MTBR forum. Great ride with good company.

Here's the thread: Weekday rides at Patpsco State park

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECnical
    How does the SID hold up?
    So far so good. I have been experimenting a little with different setups but so far, the setting that works well is the recommended setting from the little chart on the side of the fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jagsr71
    I wanted some tires to commute to work and to get some road workouts as well so I ended up getting some Vittoria 700x28c Randonneur tires for my Fantom29Pro. These tires are amazing. They make this Mt.bike rip like a Ferrari!!! I can't believe the difference.

Thanks VTEC for the help on the upload.
    Can you tell me how you got the alternative wheel set and brake setup to swap in? Sorry I'm ignorant in how to pull this off. What wheels are you using (you mention the tires, already).

I want a hybrid between a cross by and a mountain bike - this seems like the perfect solution. The only other alternative I've seen in a Gary Fisher Montare.

Thanks!

Filippo

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fmorelli
    Can you tell me how you got the alternative wheel set and brake setup to swap in? Sorry I'm ignorant in how to pull this off. What wheels are you using (you mention the tires, already).

I want a hybrid between a cross by and a mountain bike - this seems like the perfect solution. The only other alternative I've seen in a Gary Fisher Montare.

Thanks!

Filippo
    fmorelli - Sorry... I didn't see your post. Is it just me or does this forum sometimes not post consecutively as it should? To answer your question, I did not use a different wheel set nor brake setup. I used the original ones and simply put on these road tires on the bike. Easy stuff for sure! Doesn't take more than 15 mins. to switch out. I do strongly advise that you use different tubes for these tires. I used some 27 x 1-1/4 tubes with the schrader valve (normal valve stem like a car has). This is all at a minimal cost. The 29er bike becomes a very fast bike fairly capable of keeping up with a lot of high dollar road bikes (awesome commuter) but yet I'm able to switch out to a serious mt.bike within 15 mins. again. IMHO - Two bikes for the price of one.
    Last edited by jagsr71; 10-23-2008 at 08:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

My Outcast trail style

See what you think of my trail rigid machine. ha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (81.3 KB, 908 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (91.8 KB, 920 views)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sweet lookin' SS!! That's a moto frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Outcast 29er

Motobey

Ds 400

Here is my yellow beauty: IMAGE_047.jpg

She works hard on the weekends.
    "Si todos saben lo que ay que hacer por que tenemos problemas" Choose xpst.

Bushwacker
    That yellow/gold paint really stands out. You need to post some better pictures tho.
    I just did a paint job on mine, I'll have to post some pics maybe next weekend if the rain stops.
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

Bushwacker
    I think I'm finally done with what I wanted to do. RS Tora 318 U-Turn fork with the Firm coil and remote Poploc and RS MC 3.3 shock with adjustable floodgate, both with motion control. Easton Seatpost, Redline Platform pedals and a Bell wireless trip computer. It has 5.3" travel up front and 3.5" in the back.

IMG_1573_small.jpg

11_small.jpg

3_small.jpg

8_small.jpg

1_small.jpg

Motobey

Moto

Nice set up. I like the background cannot do the rocks here in FL.

Not a bad looking ride at all.

Bushwacker
    Quote Originally Posted by mstguide
    Nice set up. I like the background cannot do the rocks here in FL.

Not a bad looking ride at all.

Thanks. I've been to Florida many times and it has a lot to offer but rocks aren't one of them. Post some more pics of that 400 so we can get a look at the whole thing.

I wasn't interested in spending a lot of $ trying to lighten the bike up but rather improve the suspension. It wieghs in at 32 lbs which I can live with. Thanks to a little research and good old E-Bay it's mission accomplished for a pretty modest investment. The ride now is simply phenominal compared to the old set up. Now I have to get used to the x-tra speed I'm carrying due to the added control I have...I catch myself going a wee bit too fast now

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2009 phantom team, my rig

this is my rig i changed a few things easton ea70 monkey bars,race face stem,xt cassette 9 speed,new wheels hadley rear dt 240s front on sun mtx rims,w/kenda nevegal 2.1 tires.and a 185 rotor on front.Im a bit of a clydesdale plus the trails here in
    PA where i ride are pretty rocky and rooty so its rigged for more AM type riding just a bit sturdier than stock but also a bit heavy but im weigh far too much too be a weight weenie i value my health and bones more like far too much.

rock crusher
    Aug 2008
    My budget-built Outcast on the slickrock. It is currently being revamped... the only stock part left will be the frame.

Bushwacker
    Nice.

Motobey
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkonian
    Thanks. I've been to Florida many times and it has a lot to offer but rocks aren't one of them. Post some more pics of that 400 so we can get a look at the whole thing.

I wasn't interested in spending a lot of $ trying to lighten the bike up but rather improve the suspension. It wieghs in at 32 lbs which I can live with. Thanks to a little research and good old E-Bay it's mission accomplished for a pretty modest investment. The ride now is simply phenominal compared to the old set up. Now I have to get used to the x-tra speed I'm carrying due to the added control I have...I catch myself going a wee bit too fast now
    I'll be posting some as soon as I get back in town.

Motobey
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkonian

I'll be posting some as soon as I get back in town.
    IMAGE_066.jpg
    Just got done riding.
    IMAGE_064.jpg
    Last edited by mstguide; 02-20-2009 at 05:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast