mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Low Resistance & Fast Rolling Tire

I have a little dilema....I want a tire that is low resistance, fast rolling. I was using Kenda Klimax Lite tires and they just were way too thin and puncture real easy. I live in the SoCal desert and tumbleweed stickers are poppin' my tubes. The WTB velociraptors that came with the bike are excellent tires but it is way too hot here to have that much resistance on the road, so I have been looking into getting some new tires. So far I'm looking at;

1. Kenda Karma 2.0
    2. IRC Mythos XC Slick 1.95
    3. IRC Mythos XC (non-slick) 1.95
    4. Kenda Excavator 1.95
    5. WTB Nano raptor

Any input would be much appreciated
    Last edited by AGENT_DICE; 06-12-2008 at 01:07 PM.

mtbr member
    I use Mythos XC non-slick 2.1 and I recommend them. I live in Nor Cal so I don't have problems with stickers, but I have lots of rocks and they have been very durable. They roll well, are super cheap at Pricepoint, and have good grip.

It looks like you are looking at a wide range of tires. The Mythos Slick is not going to have much off road grip but will roll great on smooth trails and road, while the Fire XC is at the other end of the spectrum with great grip but slower rolling.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks boomn, you are right about it being super cheap at pricepoint. I'll remove the panaracer from my list, I only thru it in there cause it is such a popular tire.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I use the IRC Mythos XC II. They are great tires. I got mine at Performance bike for $14.99 and had them shipped to the store so I didn't have to pay shipping.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5430
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1