mtbr member
    Apr 2012

just ordered a moto from BD :P

Im kind of excited. After 3-4 weeks of research and going to my LBS 10-15 times haha, I finally ordered a new bike. After my surgery late last year (partial removal of intestines, im 29 with crohns) I started riding an old crappy department store bike my parents had in their garage. I had gained 40+ pounds from being on prednisone and wasnt happy as I was normally fit and 165lbs at 5"11. So the 10 year old bike has done its job, but is now falling apart. Pedals are cracking, shifting feels like im activating a jack hammer, and the cockpit is just completely wrong. oh its also a womens bike... I have managed to still have fun though, and thats all Im aiming for. I might do some single track after I move to florida in a few months but around here its mostly bike paths/gravel trails...

So I ordered a Motobecane 400ht. I was honestly going to order the cheaper 300ht but decided that the small difference in components and disc brakes would be a little smarter. That way when I start working again and can afford something nicer I will already be familiar with wrenching on my own bike, front suspensions, disc brakes etc. I know people will knock it for not being a fantom 29er or 700ht or whatever but im happy If my 10yr old dept store bike can put a smile on my face despite all its short falls then im sure this one will too! Ill add pics once its here next week!

NuB
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Congratulations !!!! I just received my Gravity 29.4 yesterday. You will like the 400ht. As always, for the money, you can't beat it.

Newb
    Apr 2012
    Enjoy it. I love my fantom 29er!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    For the money the 400ht will work well for you..Congrats!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Congrats on the new bike and I hope your health improves. My best friend had the same problem and he also had the surgery. It's been about three years now and he's doing much better so far.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks! I have actually had the sugery 5 times, first was when i was diagnosed at 7. To be honest before my last surgery i hadnt even seen a doctor in 10 years, but i wasnt being very healthy. After i got sick this time i lost my girlfriend of 5 years, my job, had to drop out of art school in LA etc..im now in massive debt, living with my parents and no degree to get a new decent job. So for a while i was very unhappy.

I decided a few months ago that that is not how i want to live the rest of my life. So i started working out again, eating healthy, yoga, and obivously biking. My parents are taking over the family business and im moving with them to florida in two months. Hopefully to start with a clean slate. Probably wont have the life i always wanted but im atleast going to try. I have already found trails and groups of riders to hang out with. So that should be a good start I am def happier now and biking is a large part of that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Wow... I'm really glad you're getting better. Good luck. I hope you enjoy your new bike.

mtbr member
    May 2012

yayy!

Congrads! Upon receipt, please tell us how you like your new Moto.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sweet! Got it a day early. Unfortunately only 20 min befote i have to be out of the house due to some prospective buyers..im sitting in my car down street waiting for them to leave been fighting an odd flu but ill get her together before i goto bed

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails just ordered a moto from BD :P-uploadfromtaptalk1338503114524.jpg  

mtbr member
    That's a pretty sight Don't forget the pics when it's put together and enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Impressions and pics in the beginners forum under A Beginner and Hist First Bike: The Adventure....Gonna post there after every tune/ride so other noobs can follow along and learn with me

ooooor

A Beginner and His first Bike: The Adventure.

:P