mtbr member

Ive been a bad boy -- bought a Moto Omni Strada Pro gravel machine

Well.....

my excuse is summer (in phoenix) is coming hard... and some of the only local riding that is do-able is early morning canals (flat dirt paths no vehicle traffic), since the high speeds provide a good air flow to keep us cool...

therefore I need a gravel bike.. it will be my first gravel bike... I figure I can give a go for the summer and see how I like it... I may swap out the frame for something steel or Ti... or maybe not..

404 Page - Bikesdirect Incredible Bicycle Deals Sitewide
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ive been a bad boy -- bought a Moto Omni Strada Pro gravel machine-omnistrada-pro-org-21.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Nice looking rig!!!!

And just in time...some of the forecasters are calling for 117 on Saturday!!!

mtbr member
    I love my Fantom Cross Pro on gravel and canals but would be even happier with disc brakes. Congrats!

Oh wow! I had not even checked the forecast yet. I may trade my Saturday MTB ride for a road ride in Mesa.
    I need to ride more...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by camekanix View Post
    I love my Fantom Cross Pro on gravel and canals but would be even happier with disc brakes. Congrats!

Oh wow! I had not even checked the forecast yet. I may trade my Saturday MTB ride for a road ride in Mesa.

camekanix... this will be first attempt at a 700x40c tire... I am 200 lbs and I will be running them tubeless... what tire pressure would think ??

40 psi ?

mtbr member
    40-45 sounds about right. I ran some light Vittora 32c'c at 50 and they worked ok at my 240lbs back then. The difference in acceleration over tires with thick Slime tubes was very noticeable. Pressures higher than the low to mid 50's would overcome the tape and bead and even where the valve stem seats in the wheel. At the same time neither the wheels or tires were tubeless compatible and I was just using gorilla tape and Stan's sealer.
    I need to ride more...

mtbr member
    I still cant believe how f-ing heavy this bike is... 24 lbs even with no pedals..

Ill bet that frame is easily over 5 lbs..

Ive been a bad boy -- bought a Moto Omni Strada Pro gravel machine-wp_20160606_001.jpg

mtbr member
    That weight is surprising. I know discs weight just a little more than rim brakes and the bigger tires add some but 24lbs seems high indeed.
    I need to ride more...

mtbr member
    That weight is surprising. I know discs weight just a little more than rim brakes and the bigger tires add some but 24lbs seems high indeed.
    I think I may check my scale when I go back home... but I think its ok.. its a park tool scale for hanging objects

mtbr member
    I just compared the park tool weight to using my bathroom scale... and they match to the ounce... So yes this bike is truly 24.0 lbs stock without pedals

mtbr member
    Ride it yet?
    I need to ride more...

mtbr member
    Ride it yet?
    yes, one ride.. it was good... The wheels are now set up tubeless and I plan on a long ride this weekend...

Tires mounted tubeless very easily... no need for a compressor... I used stans 21mm tape and stans sealant and stans stems..

mtbr member
    another photo of the new bike

Ive been a bad boy -- bought a Moto Omni Strada Pro gravel machine-wp_20160611_001-copy.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Hey, I can't thank you enough for sharing the info and images of your new motobecane. Really helpful for me. I think I'm about to buy one myself. or the 105 version in matte black. (but that orange looks really nice.)
    If you have any more insights or images to share about the bike, I'm all ears, or eyes, as it were.
    thanks again!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by daveburns View Post
    Hey, I can't thank you enough for sharing the info and images of your new motobecane. Really helpful for me. I think I'm about to buy one myself. or the 105 version in matte black. (but that orange looks really nice.)
    If you have any more insights or images to share about the bike, I'm all ears, or eyes, as it were.
    thanks again!
    Only downside is the wheelset... its too heavy and designed for all mountain riding.. I did swap out the aluminum frame for a Ritchey Steel frame... but, the original frame is good for being aluminum.. if you can swing it, and I know its hard, get the titanium version of the motobecane... its a much more comfortable ride..