Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I for one will never debadge my bike !

hold my beer & watch this
    Jan 2007
    Have a Fantom TI 29 - don't understand the desire to debadge. Don't really care if everybody else likes my bike, it is a damn good bike for a reasonable cost.
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    -- Robert Heinlein --

mtbr member
    I love my Motobecane FS Elite, even though I bought it used, it's still been a good ride, but I do want to get a longer crankset for it again, 170mm feels a bit short now lol .
    Finally rolling on 29" x 2.0" Schwalbe Big Apples

My Brain Hurts!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Voiding a warranty because of sticker removal won't stand up legally.
    "Gee Mr Warranty man..they just fell off."

Quote Originally Posted by rchan View Post
    I for one will never debadge my bike !
    Me either....I cannot guaranty Zebra stripes and other gaudy colors wont show up on any bike I own...but the badges are there and they are too much work to remove...
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Moto pride!

Bought my first Moto almost 6 months ago to the day...Don't think I'll ever buy another brand.

Bought the Fly Team 29 Ti. It is sweet as candied cherries. For me I have found that most real MTBers like the fact that it is different. I adventure race so its a wacked crowd anyway and we all like weird stuff. That's why we adventure race.

As far as the Moto-haters on here...I think they hate just because they relize how much money they wasted on the bike that they bought!

Actually ordering the wife one in the next couple of months!

The perfessor
    - compared my 2012 Fly Ti 29er frame to a Moots Ti 26er, circa 1998, and they were built is incredibly similar fashion........I was really surprised, and so was the Moots owner.......
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    anyone here have a motobecane cyclocross bike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Im interested in the fantom cross CX triple.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I know these posts I am making are bound to annoy someone, but I am just trying to get enough posts to PM someone or create my own thread....

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I heard someone say, "If you want a heavy commuter that can take trails, get a fb roadie or a cyclocross". I've been seriously considering a cyclocross bike. The Fantom Cross CX looks mighty appealing. I want a bike that will grow with me.... right now I'm mostly interested in paved trails, but I would like to try out less groomed trails and light mountain biking with the same bike. Also, I like that that particular model is set up for front and rear racks and other accessories.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I know nothing of specs and I'm assuming I should attempt a fit at a LBS. But just in case anyone has any advice regarding size, I am 5'8 with a 31 inch inseam.The only thing that really makes me nervous about buying that particular model is that it is more expensive than I had planned on (reviews i have read suggest I will wanna buy a new seat too)... and I have never had a drop down bar (my previous bikes have always been upright flat bar style). Any feedback would be appreciated!

DUDE

mtbr member
    I ordered the 2014 550HT and still waiting for it to show up..I went to a trek and specialized dealer and looked around...In all honesty the motobecane from Bikesdirect has much better components or equal components and its was 200 to 250 dollars or more cheaper. You need to spend near $600 at a LBS to get what I got for $349 shipped...But anyway; I can work on my bike so I don't need the support the LBS offers to build it for me or want to pay retail for a bike so I went the internet sales route..i wanted more than I got so I went nuts with it..Can see my build in the motobecane thread...The parts im taking off the stock 550 will be used to upgrade another new build im doing as well..Building a new 2103 Mongoose Xr200 like the one MTBR did a review on..I wont be doing the build on this site though.

Motobecane Rocks

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I just ordered my moto Fantom TeamFS for $1600. I love it and it has all XTR, Carbon cranks and rides perfect. i would buy another one in heart beat. As far as what other people think.. I'm old enough to not care. Just ride.

I can buy a big named brand but that is how you keep money in the bank... be smart.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Like the OP 4 years ago, I still have my MB Grand Touring I bought when I was in College. Steel bike. Still rides great. Last year I got the 9'iron and that has been pretty darned indestructible, so now I've built out a Ti Fly. With a white fork and black Stan's Flows...it's beautiful. My 10th grader is now trying to destroy the 9 iron. Good luck with that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Double post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2