mtbr member
    Aug 2006

I recommended BikesDirect to my friends...

...and they ended up buying two Gravity Liberty CXD bikes:

Save up to 60% off new Road Bikes - Gravity Liberty 2 | Save up to 60% off new road bikes

Suffice it to say that these are not the bikes I recommended and not at all what I expected them to buy. Nonetheless, I hope they will enjoy their purchase. Does anyone here have any experience with this model? If you do, please share. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by patrascu View Post
    ...and they ended up buying two Gravity Liberty CXD bikes:

Save up to 60% off new Road Bikes - Gravity Liberty 2 | Save up to 60% off new road bikes

Suffice it to say that these are not the bikes I recommended and not at all what I expected them to buy. Nonetheless, I hope they will enjoy their purchase. Does anyone here have any experience with this model? If you do, please share. Thanks!
    good quality, i would like road tires on mine though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I am not currently on a BD bike but have owned them in the past. I know probally 10 people that have thier products. Their service is stellar, as I have dealt with them many times.(nature of the sport) If you can wrench on your own bike, they are hard to beat!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I think it's really important to spend enough time to do good builds of the bikes. More grease!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    What do you mean by that? Where is more grease needed? I just built my girlfriend's Fly Team a couple weeks ago and didn't use grease.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Take a look at the headset, then be sure to grease the seatpost and pedals. If I wasn't a slacker I would actually redo the BB to ensure there's enough there.

I'm actually of the opinion that a lot of the opinion that a lot of the reliability of the bike is going to come from the initial build and setup. Doing it well is really going to ensure that a bikes direct bike, particularly at the low-medium end is a good value over the long run.
    Last edited by VTRC; 07-01-2012 at 05:05 PM.