mtbr member
    Aug 2010

New question here. Help me please! Moto 29 elite vs gravity p4

Well been looking to get a new bike and settled in on the 29ers. I've seen bike's direct site and really like the prices and components. I like the treks mamba but for the same price and can have either of these two bikes. I like the Moto forthe external lockout but like the geometry of the gravity cuz its close to the trek (17.5). I also figured that if I break the frame I could always replace it with the sette frame for 250$ which would be fine by me.

So help....

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I picked up a Gravity 29.4 last July and have had a blast with it. No issues ordering or delivery. Took a couple of hours to assemble/adjust the brakes. Shifting was spot on out of the box.

Looks like the differences are very small, MB uses Shimano derailleurs/drivetrain, Gravity uses SRAM. The MB has the remote lockout. I don't think I've used the lockout but once, and that was to just try it out. Too lazy. Perhaps if it was a remote I'd use it more. Its only $50 more for the MB, so if your keen on the remote, go for it. RIDE!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    how about against the gravity p5?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalineeagle View Post
    how about against the gravity p5?
    Ditto!