Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Gravity Vs. Motobecane Frames

24K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  BobaX 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!

First time posting on the forum here, and wanted to get some further opinion on the matter. I have narrowed down my purchasing options to the Motobecane Fantom 29 Elite and the Gravity 29.4. I was wondering, outside of fit, which frame you would recommend based on quality/reputation. From the BD, they are as follows -

Motobecane Frame: MOTO29HX Kinesis Engineered Aluminum with TrailTuned PowerStay Design, DualProfile Hydroformed Downtube with reinforced Gusset, replaceable rear derailleur hanger, downtube bottle mount, seat tube accessory mount

Gravity Frame: ALLOY 6061 Aluminum with TrailTested Design. D-Section, Hydroformed Downtube with reinforced Gusset, replaceable rear derailleur hanger, water bottle mount

I understand that Kinesis makes quality frames, but I have not heard about this frame specifically or much regarding Gravity frames.

Outside of that, I cannot tell much difference between the two bikes other than that the Motobecane uses Shimano and Gravity uses XRAM. Both seem legit to me, but I am also new to this and would appreciate anything you guys have to offer.

Also, the motobecanes are completely out of stock, except for a couple 13 in. frames, but I'm willing to be patient if it does prove to be the smarter purchase (being that they are the same price).

Have a good day!

See less See more
#4 ·
Well...it arrived. Really like it. Got the 17.5 matt black. Saweet!

I'm 5.10+. Fits perfect. Love everything about it do far. Not a full ride yet, but enough to enjoy.

Slight rock shox fork issue. Being resolved to satisfaction.

I'll report back after full ride on Sunday.

#6 ·
Spent the weekend on it....love it! Shifts and rolls out like a dream. Climbs well too. Really nothing bad to say yet The only suspect parts on bike were bars, stem, seat post, and saddle. The rest is awesome.

If you pull the trigger, protect chain side swing arm before 1st ride. Nothing there. Never gave it a thought, all nicked up from slap. Oh well, fixed now!

#9 ·
reviving an old thread. Anybody know where the gravity brand bikes are made, especially the 29er point series? Are they made alongside the Motobecane/Kenisis? I have a gravity FSX that was Made in China, and last time I checked, Taiwan and China were not the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.