mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Gravity Rigid SS 29er, thoughts?

I've been wanting to get a rigid singlespeed for sometime now to compliment my geared, front suspension bike. I've been focusing primarily on used Monocogs. Unfortunately, it seems like most 'cog owners love the bikes, so you just don't see many for sale.

Recently, I ran across the Gravity 29er (rigid, singlespeed) on BD, and it seems like it could be a worthy contender. Any owners out there that can provide some feedback? The biggest thing I'm concerned with is component quality: wheelsets, brakes, etc. Are these all things I should plan on upgrading eventually/immediately?

Thanks!

AZ
    banned
    Check out the gravity thread in the Single Speed sub forum.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Gravity Rigid SS 29er, thoughts?

Awesome! Thanks for the redirect. Guess I need to work on my forum search fu :-/

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    That is a great thread but since you asked I have one & love it. You'll see mine in that thread but so far my wheels, cranks etc have held up fine. I am 240lbs and my local trails are pretty rough. I did have to tighten spokes a couple times but no other issues.My upgrades are just that, upgrades, not related to complaints with the stock parts. I just can't leave anything stock It is the best bang for the buck I can think of.