Thread: Gravity HTX-7

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Gravity HTX-7

Anyone have any experience with this bike? Any similar bikes i should take a look at? I want a 26' hard tail with middle of the line components. I will be riding mostly xc and doing some occasional jumps on the trail.

Thanks,
    Conner

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The components on that bike are very good. The frame is a mystery - I'm not sure how I feel about the triangular top tube. If it was me, I would probably go with the Motobecane instead just because the frame is a more traditional design:

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - 2010 Motobecane Fantom Trail

Also, it depends on the size - the Gravity comes in odd sizes, while the Motobecane comes in even sizes, so it might be best to base your decision on the frame size that fits you best.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for the input. do you know of any other bikes with the triangular top tube i could compare with the gravity HTX-7?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have a Windsor Cliff 4500, and the top tube is similar to the Gravity, except the triangle faces downward, rather than upward. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the geometry of the bike, but it seems ok, although I haven't ridden it very hard, so I really can't say how strong it is. You could always swap the parts onto a Leader frame, which I also have, and the geometry is MUCH better than the geometry on the Windsor (longer top tube, more stable - really similar to a 2008 - 2009 Specialized frame). You can get the Leader 510H frame for $70 + $30 shipping:

BlueSkyCycling.com - Leader 510 H MTB Frame

You could probably sell the Gravity frame new for at least $30 to $50, so it wouldn't be that much more of an investment. That is probably what I would do if I were in your shoes. Here is my finished Leader:

Leader 510H Frame Build ***Photos****