mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Gravity 29point4

Can any one give me any information on this bike are the frames good how is the warranty the price is great for the parts any info would be great thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My son has point one, I'm sure they are same frames, pretty solid made.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Cool thanks I actually purchased it today can't wait.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have a 29.2 that I upgraded a recon fork and BB7 brakes. Handles great so far. I asked BD about the frameset and wheels, and they said they are the same for the 1, 2, 3, and 4. They didn't have any 29.5 at the time.

At the $700 price tag it's got right now, that's very hard to beat. I have a 21" frame, out of the box it weighed about 30 lbs. After my fork/brake swap, it's sitting about 31lbs, but this was done on a cheap fish scale. It's pretty strong, but not lightweight. I'm 6'4", 240lbs and the 21" frame fits good.

Only concern, as with all online bikes, you're the mechanic. If you're not willing to do the wrenching, ask your bike store how much they'd take to assemble it. If you want to give it a go, watch youtube videos and ask around. It's not that hard, but you might need to re-do the same thing a couple times to get it right. But if you do it yourself, you'll know how it's done and how to fix it on the trail.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    @jones1018: Has it come in yet? I'm thinking about purchasing it and I'm curious about another's opinion.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It should be here Saturday. I will let you know had trouble with the first one it was the wrong frame. They paid for return shipping for the mess up though. They were very fast and everything went smoothly.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Good customer service?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The customer service is great I was worried at first but they have been awsome.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    on customer service, I've received a bike with a messed up brake rotor, and another with some missing parts. They took care of it. Not super fast on e-mail response, but they took care of what was messed up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Bike just came in with the right frame it feels great can't wait to hit some trails I will try to post pics latter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Ok that would be awesome...I'm really curious!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Here it is guys have not taken it on the trails yet but soon it will have some dirt on it. Thanks BD for making everything good great company.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gravity 29point4-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Damn that looks nice. Have you ridden it at all so far?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I have ridden it around the yard and the neighborhood. It rides great and the fit is really good as well I am 6'2 so I got the large and it fits great needs to be adjusted just have nothad the time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Got to go for a ride today finally. The bike was great handling was fantastic fork was great and all the components worked gret. This bike is great I recommend it to any one can wait to ride again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thanks for all the info...I'm going for it. Happy riding!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    because of the wonderful weather, I haven't ridden my bike much this winter, so I finally got her out on some asphalt trails. With the smooth trails, about 5 miles in I could feel the bike had something loose. Thought it was a pedal at first, tried to tighten it, but turned out the whole crankset was wobbling. Middle of a ride is not when you want to see a loose bottom bracket. Slowly came back home, took the cranks arms off, and could loosen the bottom bracket with my bare hands. Put it all back together properly and it seems OK now. All my other bikes from BD had tight BB, and I just didn't take this one apart when I got it in. Just wanted to remind everybody, check everything when it comes in. Those $50 toolkit from the online bikes stores has definitely paid for itself.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I've ridden mine on road a decent amount and it seems to be doing fine...you may have just gotten the one in a thousand screwed up bike. That's unfortunate. I'm sure loving mine even though I haven't gotten to ride any trails yet. The one caveat is that with the 15.5" frame the 29 inch wheels look enormous...It's a very good complaint to have be your only complaint though!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Everything is working well with mine. Shes a little dirty but thats perfect for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    your stumpjumper looks so small. kinda feel sorry for it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    your stumpjumper looks so small. kinda feel sorry for it.
    Good eye! The stumpjumper gets ridden more than the Gravity anyway so don't feel too sorry.