mtbr member
    May 2005

New question here. Is this to good to be true?

I found a 2003 Motobecane Fly Team bike on Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Motobecane-Fly-T...QcmdZViewItem?

Does this sound to good to be true?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

the link: http://www.motobecane.com

A new bike of this type costs 2495 USD. Even a used bike of this type (at that age) is a lot more worth than the price (the bid) on Ebay?

I don't know how many people will place a bid on this bike, and what the price at the end will be. But i can't really think of a "sane " person that would sell this bike this cheap (would you?).

I wouldn't trust it much. But if you really like this bike you could maby buy the bike after you've seen it at the seller's house. When it's this cheap you could spent some money to service the bike and replace worn parts.

Be careful and good luck finding a bike.

Oh my Gaaawwd!

Maybe not

I guessing that the seller has put a reserve price somewhere in the $1000's. So even if you bid $10 it wont matter. I would suggest bidding a small amount and seeing if it says something like "the seller has set a reserve price higher than your bid" etc. Sometimes if you email or ask the seller a question about a reserve price they will respond. Hope this helps. Good luck 'cause it really is a sweet bike.

mtbr member
    The auction does not state "reserve price not yet met" so either the reserve has already been met or there was no reserve. This does not indicate insanity. It indicates someone who trusts the eBay market to work (and it usually does). There are 6 days left for bidding, so the current bid is basically meaningless. Look again when the auction is a couple of hours away from ending, and then you'll have a better idea about how much it will sell for, although it still could change a lot in the last few minutes.
    - Dan

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by maffud
    The auction does not state "reserve price not yet met" so either the reserve has already been met or there was no reserve. This does not indicate insanity. It indicates someone who trusts the eBay market to work (and it usually does). There are 6 days left for bidding, so the current bid is basically meaningless. Look again when the auction is a couple of hours away from ending, and then you'll have a better idea about how much it will sell for, although it still could change a lot in the last few minutes.

Yep,those damned snipers are always waiting in the bushes,ready to pounce .

Chris