mtbr member

Good cyclocomputer for mtn bike?

Anybody know a good, relatively inexpensive cyclocomputer that will fit on a set of front shox? I just received my new Fantom Pro 29 (Tora shox) and wasted $20 on a Bell wireless cyclocomputer that won't fit the shock. I'm looking at a Cateye Enduro 8 off Nashbar.

Thx

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have a cateye strada that works great for me on my 29 pro with tora 318. You do have to turn the senser inward so that it is close to the magnet but you have to do that on all wireless on mtb.

Gringo
    I have a Planet Bike Protege 9.0. I purchased it because it had a zillion functions, and can track mileage for two different bikes. I don't like that it only updates the speed every second or so. It's seems to be aways behind my desire to know my speed. The last cateye I had was nearly instantaneous, maybe five time per second the speed was measured.

Picky, I know, but I don't trust the Planet Bike I'm using now. Not rushing to replace it, but probably will when I see a sale on a good Cateye.

Also consider wireless. The reason I needed a new computer was because the wire was ripped of the sender three times before I replaced it.

G

mpg
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I use the Cateye Enduro 8 Computer. It was $23.95 and works great. See my blog at
    http://motobecanefantom29.blogspot.c...e-fitting.html

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. Nice blog Mike, look for my participation.