mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Future owner here

I placed the order yesterday for a Fantom Trail, hope it gets here next week I looked at some of the higher models, but figure if I really stick with the sport I can sell and purchase a higher end Motobecane at a later time. They sure pack a lot into the Fantom Trail for the price.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    congrats on the new bike, my wife is going to be receiving a Windsor Cliff 6500 DS on Monday and I am just waiting on the next shipment of Fantom Comp DS for myself which should be in next week

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Congrats! i am getting my Fantom Trail today. Looks to be a great bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    congrats everyone. I got my fantom comp HT a few weeks ago. Set up was simple and the bike has been awesome. I think my frame is alittle on the small side, but that's no fault of motobecane or bikes direct. You should all be happy with everything. I've been toying with the idea of buying a DS, but my girlfriend would probably kill me. Maybe i'll pose pics of it sometime.

mtbr member
    Congrats on y'alls new bikes. I received my Fantom Pro 29 two days ago and am very pleased so far. I'm not very mechanically inclined, but assembly was simple and relatively pain free. I plan to take it to a bike shop for tune-up, but so far gear shift is smooth and quiet. This is my first 29, and I haven't noticed any difference in pedal effort (haven't taken it up any verticals yet). Handling and turning feel superior to my old 26. I feel like somewhat of a guinea pig as several of my friends are soon to purchase a new bike and they're leery of mail order bikes. Hopefully, my experience will remain positive.

Anyone know a good, cheap cyclocomputer that will fit mtn bike shox?