Thread: Fly XC

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Fly XC

Hi Everybody. This is my first post but have enjoy many hours as a guest reading your threads. As my name implies I have been looking for the new offer of BD in the Fly line, that is the new 2009 Fly XC. Really like the white/blue combo and for $1K a best bang for the buck. What you guys think of this package? It's like a Fly Pro but with Avid-V brakes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    In my opinion and it just that it is a perfect cross country bike i love the color combination that blue sid is tight and speaking of the sid the parts spec is incredible for 1k i would say go for it if your intended use is primarily xc riding
    Oh and by the way i just got my fantom team full suspension today and i love it and before that I had a fantom comp

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I plan to to put some slicks to use it mostly on pavement. There is a park near my house with a bike circuit of about 10K that I use a lot with my old Scattante. I think that because the Fly is so light, with some slicks I can mantain 18-19 mph average training pace. And have the option to also hit the woods ocassionally.