mtbr member

Fly Ti and Fantom Ti - not the same frame?

I wish I noticed before ordering Fly - website shows 27.2 seatpost for Fly and 31.6 for the upcoming Fantom. I am around 200lb, and would have preferred thicker seat tube and stiffer bottom bracket junction.

Fantom comes with 25mm rims wheel and 2.35 tires, as opposed to 19mm and 1.9" for Fly - does it also imply that rear clearance is also different?

I remember reading on some forum that that would be the same frame...

What's the truth? Waiting for Fly Ti delivery and wondering if I should send it back and pre-order Fantom (I wish Fantom came with the same parts though).

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just got my Fly Ti and the seatpost is 31.6 not 27.2 like they say in the description. I'm not sure if it's the same frame as the Fantom but the seatpost looks to be the same.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowind
    I just got my Fly Ti and the seatpost is 31.6 not 27.2 like they say in the description. I'm not sure if it's the same frame as the Fantom but the seatpost looks to be the same.
    Ah, OK.. All is good then.

Bummer on the other hand - I wanted to reuse my Thompson masterpiece 27.2. I hate Ritchey's clamp.

How do you like your new ride? I will get it next week. Will need to sell off the crankset first - I can not get myself to trust carbon, even as my head understands it is pretty durable nowadays.