mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Fly Ti Badge Treatment

Had to share this with the Moto fam. I can't imagine this invalidates the warranty. It's just lo-profile!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20120113_105315.jpg  

Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20120113_104908.jpg  

Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20120113_105212.jpg  

Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20120113_105143.jpg  

Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20120113_105021.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That looks nice in a steathy way. What size is your bike and mind posting more? Looks good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo View Post
    That looks nice in a steathy way. What size is your bike and mind posting more? Looks good.
    Thanks, my Fly Team 29er is the XL 21" version. Here some pics of the latest version of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20120112_085326.jpg  

Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20120111_090905.jpg  

Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20111231_094814.jpg  

Fly Ti Badge Treatment-20111231_094722.jpg  

mtbr member
    Even more stealthy are your pedals

Sweet ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtyling View Post
    Even more stealthy are your pedals

Sweet ride!
    Oh, you got jokes! I have Shimano XT clipless trail pedals for riding. Now that it's mostly unused during this winter off season, I put these pedals on for the occasional ride around the block to my neighboorhood stores and to feed the for need a quick ride when weather is not too cold or wet. I'm not hardcore enough for "real" cold weather riding. Winter for me is basketball season!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Odiggy; 01-18-2012 at 03:07 AM.

mtbr member
    I meant no offense... just playful humor. your bike is way better and more expensive than mine... i don't even have clipless yet, because 90% of my riding is biking to work. so i sincerely meant "Sweet ride!"

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I meant no offense... just playful humor. your bike is way better and more expensive than mine... i don't even have clipless yet, because 90% of my riding is biking to work. so i sincerely meant "Sweet ride!"
    Absolutely no offense taken at all. I thought it was a funny remark because, of the entire bike, these particular pedals are probably the "lowest tech" item on it in the photos. I thought you were making fun by pointing out the obvious.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Happy trails!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Absolutely no offense taken at all. I thought it was a funny remark because, of the entire bike, these particular pedals are probably the "lowest tech" item on it in the photos. I thought you were making fun by pointing out the obvious.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Happy trails!

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Love the look of your Ti moto!

How did you give the brushed look to those two smaller motodecals? Did you use a scotch pad on them?
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KVW View Post
    Love the look of your Ti moto!

How did you give the brushed look to those two smaller motodecals? Did you use a scotch pad on them?
    I used paint remover to get both the decals and badge paint off. The stuff I used work instantly! I didn't use anything abrasive to "brush" the metal. The badges are madefrom a fairly soft aluminum. Also, in these photos the resolution is set pretty high.Here's the details from that event:

Removing decals from a ti frame