mtbr member
    May 2008

Fly Team availability

Anyone knows when Fly Team will be available? Everything is sold out...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Robson13 View Post
    Anyone knows when Fly Team will be available? Everything is sold out...
    I agree. They were pretty much not all available when I got mine in early August. I emailed BD around rhat time and was told the 2x10 Shimano XTR 29er version that I originally wanted wouldn't be in until after September. Well, it's now a week before 2012 and they still haven't restocked that particular model. I'm glad I didn't wait, but decided to order the 3x10 instead. On the 2011 Shimano XTR (985) you can go 2x10 with a flick of a switch on the front derailluer shifter, so I removed the bottom chain ring and went that route. I'm glad I didn't wait or I'd still be doing so. I do regret somewhat not having the dedicated , lighter 2x10 crank, but I managed well enough w/o it and didn't miss the entire riding season, so overall I was pleased.
    I guess my point ( if there is one) is that you got to have the cheddar ready on the day these bikes become available. After they sell out, there's no definite date that they'll be back in stock. In 2011 the 2x10 XTR fly team 29er was only stocked once in the spring. It's not been restocked since.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Went with the 3x10

Quote Originally Posted by Odiggy View Post
    I emailed BD around rhat time and was told the 2x10 Shimano XTR 29er version that I originally wanted wouldn't be in until after September. Well, it's now a week before 2012 and they still haven't restocked that particular model. I'm glad I didn't wait, but decided to order the 3x10 instead.
    This convinced me to just pull the trigger on the 3x10. I'd been watching the SRAM and Shimano 2x10 for a while and they haven't been in stock in my size. Other than the triple, this is the same bike as the 2x10 Shimano version. I didn't want to wait several months for the doubles to come in, only to still be waiting come spring. I'm hoping I can sell the triple / trade for a double and come out close to even in the end.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jefflash View Post
    This convinced me to just pull the trigger on the 3x10. I'd been watching the SRAM and Shimano 2x10 for a while and they haven't been in stock in my size. Other than the triple, this is the same bike as the 2x10 Shimano version. I didn't want to wait several months for the doubles to come in, only to still be waiting come spring. I'm hoping I can sell the triple / trade for a double and come out close to even in the end.
    Yeah, I created a ghetto 2x10 by removing the third chain ring. But if I were to upgrade proper, I'd get the latest 2x10 XTR. IMO it's the best crank available weight, stiffness, and performance wise to use with the XTR drivetrain. It's pretty too!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yeah, I created a ghetto 2x10 by removing the third chain ring. But if I were to upgrade proper, I'd get the latest 2x10 XTR. IMO it's the best crank available weight, stiffness, and performance wise to use with the XTR drivetrain. It's pretty too!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Odiggy View Post
    As much as I'd like XTR cranks, the idea of spending 25% of the price of my new bike on a new crankset seems a bit silly (~$500 for cranks on a $2100 bike). I'll likely try and swap for the double version of the FSA Afterburner triple that comes with it, or go with an XT double.

It comes with a 42x32x24T, so I'm wondering if maybe a more economical option is to remove the 24T, and then replace the 32T with a slightly smaller one. Anyone know if this is technically possible with this crankset?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    As much as I'd like XTR cranks, the idea of spending 25% of the price of my new bike on a new crankset seems a bit silly (~$500 for cranks on a $2100 bike). I'll likely try and swap for the double version of the FSA Afterburner triple that comes with it, or go with an XT double.

It comes with a 42x32x24T, so I'm wondering if maybe a more economical option is to remove the 24T, and then replace the 32T with a slightly smaller one. Anyone know if this is technically possible with this crankset?
    Yeah, same for me. I was speaking of the XTR 2x10 as a "price no object" purchase. To be honest, I'm pretty happy with the setup I have now. But if Santa were to stop by!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Any idea when motobecane.com will update their website with their 2012 lineup?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rperez07 View Post
    Any idea when motobecane.com will update their website with their 2012 lineup?
    I think the best bet is too get on their email mailing list or friend them on your facebook page. But beware, I tried removing myself from the mailing list several times, but still I get the mailers. They don't bother to track their unsubscribe list, so use your least important email address.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks for the tip!