mtbr member

Fantom Trail Arrived!

I ordered my Fantom Trail very early Monday morning and it arrived Thursday here in Colorado. That is some fast shipping!

When I opened the box, this came out (with some minor building/tuning )

I ordered the 22" frame because of my size (6'4" and 210 lbs.). The bike weights in at 29.5 lbs. all built. I can't believe the quality you get for the price of this bike, I was looking at Trek bikes before ordering this one and for a bike with the same components, they wanted $900.00.

I'm VERY happy with this purchase and will be riding to work today . Can't wait for tomorrow to get here so I can hit the trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've got the same bike (and in the same size). Mine is just the school bus yellow color. I love mine and you will too after some seat time. And the price is a major bonus. I was looking at the Trek bikes as you were and could not spend that kind of money.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ordered one for my wife as well. 20" for her as she is 6'. Looks great and rides great...Only issue, no front brake rotor. Not a big deal as one is already on the way. I think it may have fallen out of the package and then out of the box.
    I was very well packed and very easy to get assembled!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have one too. Ditch those pedals before you hurt yourself though.the flat side is slick and the clip side is really uncomfortable, so unless you plan on clipping in I would get some real platform pedals.

mtbr member
    Yeah, already installed some cheap platforms, works alot better! I am really liking the bike, but haven't had a lot of free time lately to use it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day to ride (and warm enough out).

mtbr member
    May 2009
    hey thinking of getting this bike but dont know what size to get either 16 or 18. maybe u guys can help im 5'6 145lbs my inseam is 30" my riding preference is comfy i have an old 19.5 motiv ridge rock and i have to reach really far to reach the handle bars very uncomfy after a while. but then again i dont want a small bike and maybe a 16 would be to small but an 18 seems to big. does the length of the fork have ne thing to do with frame size?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Better to start learning to ride clipped in now. The sooner the better. Unless of course you only ride downhill.

Members who have read this thread: 1