mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Fantom Pro(and other models) Back in Stock!

Just ordered my 19" Fantom Pro this morning, and hopefully it will be delivered this week!

Woohoo! Been a long wait!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Ordered yesterday at 7:30am, received today at 9:00am:

Too bad I'm at work....*cough*...oh man...I might be coming down with something...*cough*...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fantom Pro(and other models) Back in Stock!-20121010_094938.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    NICEEEEEEEEE!!!!! it definitely sounds like your coming down with something...take care of that quick.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Well I apparently am missing a rear skewer I went through all of the cardboard/wrap etc..to no avail. I'm a "neat freak", so I keep all items in same spot and save all the packaging until triple-checked. I am sure it was just an oversight and BD will take care of it. The front is 15mm thru axle/skewer, but hopefully I am not missing something in my NOOBness.

Will have pics soon!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    They usually rubberband the rear skewer to the spokes

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yeah, that's how my brother's X5 came last month when we put it together. I just ran out to check again just to be quadruple sure, but nada. Not a biggie, and I believe BD will most likely just ship another.

thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Already have a tracking # for the rear skewer being sent! How's that for service?!

Will have full pics soon of my Fantom Pro 19" and quick review.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Both my skewers came in the accessories box (different bike). And I agree BD service is top notch. Matt is awesome.

Just use a toothpick for place holder.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I bet I could make a "Texas" toothpick stay in there! LOL

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Finally have it together, and I ordered a new stem + bars this afternoon as I'm a little stretched. The 2013's indeed have the new Reba fork which is single air, and they now have WTB i19 Speed Disc rims. Hoping this rim/tire combo will work with Stans setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fantom Pro(and other models) Back in Stock!-20121015_205145.jpg  

My Brain Hurts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsin View Post
    Finally have it together, and I ordered a new stem + bars this afternoon as I'm a little stretched. The 2013's indeed have the new Reba fork which is single air, and they now have WTB i19 Speed Disc rims. Hoping this rim/tire combo will work with Stans setup.
    She's Purdy!!! And ya, it looks like a long reach from bars to saddle just from looking at the pic!
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I thought the Reba was dual air...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I see that there is a solo air model. Does anyone know why they don't list it on their website, or am I missing something?

Edit:

Apparently all RS forks will be SA in 2013.
    Last edited by Beemo; 10-20-2012 at 05:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Larsin.......

Any feedback on how the bike is working out for you?

I am trying to decide between the Fantom 29Pro and the Fantom 29Pro SL

I guess I am not clear on the advantages/disadvantages of 2x10 vs 3x10. My old 26 has 3x7....and I actually can't remember the last time I used the small chainring.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Sorry for the time to reply! I love my Moto! I originally wanted the SL for the 2x10, but opted to stick with granny gear on first bike to see if I needed it or not. To be honest, I'm glad I went 3x10 for now and can always change it later.

All I have added to my Moto was some raceface stem and bars and pedals.