• 10-09-2012
    Larsin
    Fantom Pro(and other models) Back in Stock!
    Just ordered my 19" Fantom Pro this morning, and hopefully it will be delivered this week!

Woohoo! Been a long wait!
  • 10-10-2012
    Larsin
    1 Attachment(s)
    Ordered yesterday at 7:30am, received today at 9:00am:

Too bad I'm at work....*cough*...oh man...I might be coming down with something...*cough*...
  • 10-10-2012
    wolv275
    NICEEEEEEEEE!!!!! it definitely sounds like your coming down with something...take care of that quick.
  • 10-10-2012
    Larsin
    Well I apparently am missing a rear skewer :eek: I went through all of the cardboard/wrap etc..to no avail. I'm a "neat freak", so I keep all items in same spot and save all the packaging until triple-checked. I am sure it was just an oversight and BD will take care of it. The front is 15mm thru axle/skewer, but hopefully I am not missing something in my NOOBness.

Will have pics soon!
  • 10-10-2012
    lardo
    They usually rubberband the rear skewer to the spokes
  • 10-10-2012
    Larsin
    Yeah, that's how my brother's X5 came last month when we put it together. I just ran out to check again just to be quadruple sure, but nada. Not a biggie, and I believe BD will most likely just ship another.

thanks!
  • 10-11-2012
    Larsin
    Already have a tracking # for the rear skewer being sent! How's that for service?!

Will have full pics soon of my Fantom Pro 19" and quick review.
  • 10-11-2012
    lfc.reds
    Both my skewers came in the accessories box (different bike). And I agree BD service is top notch. Matt is awesome.

Just use a toothpick for place holder. :p
  • 10-12-2012
    Larsin
    I bet I could make a "Texas" toothpick stay in there! LOL
  • 10-15-2012
    Larsin
    1 Attachment(s)
    Finally have it together, and I ordered a new stem + bars this afternoon as I'm a little stretched. The 2013's indeed have the new Reba fork which is single air, and they now have WTB i19 Speed Disc rims. Hoping this rim/tire combo will work with Stans setup.
  • 10-19-2012
    ProfGumby
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Larsin View Post
    Finally have it together, and I ordered a new stem + bars this afternoon as I'm a little stretched. The 2013's indeed have the new Reba fork which is single air, and they now have WTB i19 Speed Disc rims. Hoping this rim/tire combo will work with Stans setup.

She's Purdy!!! And ya, it looks like a long reach from bars to saddle just from looking at the pic!
  • 10-20-2012
    Beemo
    I thought the Reba was dual air...
  • 10-20-2012
    Beemo
  • 10-20-2012
    Beemo
    I see that there is a solo air model. Does anyone know why they don't list it on their website, or am I missing something?

Edit:

Apparently all RS forks will be SA in 2013.
  • 11-21-2012
    PNWJim
    Larsin.......

Any feedback on how the bike is working out for you?

I am trying to decide between the Fantom 29Pro and the Fantom 29Pro SL

I guess I am not clear on the advantages/disadvantages of 2x10 vs 3x10. My old 26 has 3x7....and I actually can't remember the last time I used the small chainring.
  • 12-13-2012
    Larsin
    Sorry for the time to reply! I love my Moto! I originally wanted the SL for the 2x10, but opted to stick with granny gear on first bike to see if I needed it or not. To be honest, I'm glad I went 3x10 for now and can always change it later.

All I have added to my Moto was some raceface stem and bars and pedals.