mtbr member
    Apr 2007

is the fantom pro ds worth the $100 more then the fantom elite ds?

im not sure really how to word my question, but just going off the specs list, the pro ds seems to have far better components for only $100 more. better brakes, ders, fork.. is this just too good to be true, or are there components on the pro ds that are inferior to the elite?

Cartographer
    It's definitely much better for only $100 more.

Too bad it's sold out.
    2008 Motobecane-USA Fantom Pro
    Cleveland Area Mountain Biker

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The medium / large were sold out / preorder only for months before I ordered mine, in a small. Luckily, that's the size that fits me well (though I do need a different seat post).

I felt the $100 was worth it, for two reasons - blue is a cool color, and the components were justified by the added cost. Evidently, either BikesDirect doesn't understand this, and/or customers do, since it's sold out completely now

I don't think anything is really "inferior" - the rear shock won't work stock if changed to 5-inch travel is probably my only gripe. The frame is the same, and all other components are equal or better.

I've had few problems with my bike (just a brake issue that I believe is resolved now), and enjoy riding it.