Frt Range, CO

Fantom Pro 29: 200 mile review

I've got almost 200 miles on this beast, close to 35 miles on trails, the rest on roads. On the trail the bike handles great. I've done everything from gravel roads to single track, it goes where I point it. There's nothing in the geometery/design to prevent me from riding as hard as my body can push it. I was dropping down a high speed rock garden today at over 20mph (as per the peak speed on my Cat-Eye computer) and wasn't worried about the bike at all, just concentrating on the line. The harder I ride this bike, the more I forget about it, that is what we want when the chips are down.

I'm not going to bother posting this on the 29er forum, they just can't handle the idea that these bikes are a much better value than any LBS can offer. I bought my older son a $400 + $36 tax LBS bike and it's cost me another $200 to upgrade it to the same performance as my younger son's new $450 Windsor. Live and learn.

Some photos, last one is of my new commuter bike, I bought an Outcast 29er single speed frame:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

i didnt see that color option in the bikesdirect web page

also it works better to use your left hand to clear that right nostril unless you want to collect a specimen on your glove

Space for rent...
    [QUOTE=duke walker]also it works better to use your left hand to clear that right nostril unless you want to collect a specimen on your glove[/QUOTE

The two guys on his left, would argue that his technique works just fine!
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

right you are

i didnt even think of that......no wait, it would still exhaust thru the right nostril

Frt Range, CO
    "It was a scratch, not a pick"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pick