mtbr member
    Jun 2010

fantom elite ds as a father's day gift

hi first post , been lurking around trying to decide what bike direct bike to get, and i seem to be sold on the fantom elite ds med size. have friends that ride a giants and treks. kinda threw them for a spin (no pun intended) when i mentioned i was ordering online and not from a LBS. Seems people can't get of the name brand issue. I'm just trying to get more bang for my buck. what do you guys say?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Is the bike for you or other people?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Minor detail, left out... My bad. It's for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    If it's for you and it makes you happy, why do care what other's think?
    I have owned many kinds and brands of bikes from Walgoose, Diamondback, Giant, Haro, Specialized, Cannondale, Santa Cruz, Scott, Mountain Cycle, Custom bikes and more. I never bought a bike because somebody told me they don't like it. I'm an owner of a Moto Fly Team Titanium because they are built well and perform well, not to mention the bargain price. If you have tons of cash, Buy two bikes, a Giant or Trek for you to ride with other people and a Motobecane for you to ride alone . Good luck on your dicision. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

mtbr member
    I've been riding my Cliff 29er from BD for a few months now and have put it through the paces. I've hammered it hard both uphill and downhill and everything in between, and it's performed well. The seatpost got stripped out, so BD sent me a replacement (actually an upgrade). The Elite DS looks like a great bike, I'd not hesitate...very good deal for the money. Just keep in mind you either do your own work, or pay extra to have a shop do it for you. That's really the only downside to buying online.

S*it Happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by yece
    hi first post , been lurking around trying to decide what bike direct bike to get, and i seem to be sold on the fantom elite ds med size. have friends that ride a giants and treks. kinda threw them for a spin (no pun intended) when i mentioned i was ordering online and not from a LBS. Seems people can't get of the name brand issue. I'm just trying to get more bang for my buck. what do you guys say?

Motobecane is a brand name.

A French manufacturer of bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles, and other small vehicles, established in 1923 until its demise in 1981. Just like many in the motorcycle industry have done. Indian motorcycles and Triumph did that samething as too buy the rights to use the thier names. So began Motobecanes, rebirth. I assume sometime in the mid to late 80’s

Some of the frames and components where sourced from overseas just like the new motobecane…People raced motobecane as they do now.

"Moto" is French, slang for the word motorcycle; "bécane" is French slang for the word "bike."

So be proud!
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...