Thread: Fantom DS Comp

BHT
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Fantom DS Comp

I've had the bike for about six weeks now and when I finished riding today I thought to myself how much I like this bike! Man it's nice after a purchase like this to feel that you made the right choice.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I know the OP posted this a couple of weeks ago but just want to say I have had my DS Comp a couple of years now and it has served me well. I will recommend that you keep an eye on your Tora fork. Mine has a funny kinda stutter in it. Hard to explain but I had it in the shop recently for a derailer repair and the tech said he suspected the fork has a migrating bushing. I'm guessing that means one of the bushings is moving around a bit. The fork still works fine but a little ways past the sag point it has a little catch to it. Still soaks up the bumps and saves my arms but if I had caught it before the warranty ran out the Tech said Rox Shox would have repaired it for free. I'm not going to worry about it just keep riding and when the fork is trashed and spewing oil I'll upgrade!

Your right, great bike. How much would the exact same bike be if the frame had Kona on it?

BHT
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Eztrails thanks for the heads up on your fork problem. I have to tell you every time I ride this bike I'm grinning from ear to ear how much I like it. Maybe we should email BD and suggest the Kona! Have a good time riding and try to keep the saddle side up.

S*it Happens!
    That would be a bad move, You would end up with less bike for more money. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Congrats
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with my Moto. Actually I was on Craigslist last night considering getting another XC for my kid who has outgrown his 15" HT. I was looking at everything for sale in the last couple of weeks and I just couldn't believe what everyone thinks their Fishers, and Kona's and other brand XC bikes are worth.

Our Moto's are hard to beat and yes I still love the DS Comp. Guess my kid will probably be getting a new Moto for his B-day. Or I could spend about the same amount and get him an 8 year old Klein HT with those cool Judy forks!

EZ