Thread: Fantom DS Comp

mtbr member

Fantom DS Comp

Hi all,

I apologize in advance for my question. I am currently looking for a new bike and after some research I am starting to like the Fantom DS Comp, but would like to know what size would better suit me, I am 5'8" with an inseam between 30 and 31 inches, and I understand that there is a price increase for other companies is Motobecane also going to be affected with this particular model, and a stupid question but does the Fantom DS Comp come in another color other than black?

mtbr member
    I'm the same size as you. My hardtail fantom comp is a Medium. The Motobecane's have a shorter top tube, so there is some chance that a Large wouldn't fit you too badly, but you are probably a Medium as well. I think you get two choices in colors: black and black.

I don't anticipate any price reductions in any retail industry unless the company wants to go out of business. The consumers have lost the will to pay...

BTW, I think the Motobecanes (as sold by bikesdirect, if that is where you are looking) are a mind-bogglingly good deal...

HTFU!
    I am almost 5'8" (o.k, 5' 7.5"). I have a 29 inch inseam and I have the small 16.5 inch frame.
    It is a great fit and I feel like I have solid control of the bike on tight, twisty single track. I have ridden a friends medium frame bike recently and it was not too bad as far as fit. Still, you are slightly taller with a slightly taller inseam. A medium may be a better fit for you. Maybe there is a way for you to test a couple of bike sizes before your purchase. Remember, there are adjustments and after market purchases that can be made to help with a good fit (seat rails, stems, riser bars, setback seat posts...).
    Good Luck!