Oh my Gaaawwd!

Fantom Comp Sizing

Hi, I am considering upgrading to the '08 Fantom Comp from Bikes Direct http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...tom_comp08.htm. I know the bike comes in 18, 20, and 22" and can't decide between the 20 and 22. I am 6'3 and am currently riding an old trek 4300 in a 21" frame. The trek fits me well but I dont know how the Fantom will compare to it. Basically, I am asking if the bikes run larger than normal, or if the 20" is better for my size, etc.

If anyone has ridden or owns the Fantom, especially in the larger sizes,I could use your help.Thanks.
    Last edited by pdub660; 08-04-2008 at 05:35 PM.
    ~~~Porkchop Sandwiches!!!~~~

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    You might want to try and find the geometry measurements for your existing frame and then compare them to the Moto, perhaps that will help you narrow it down.

d00d
    Definitely get the bigger one.

I have a medium Fantom Comp DS and the bike is borderline too small for me (I'm 6'1", 205 lbs). I should have made a post like this beforehand.

Also, be prepared to swap out the spring on the front shock IMMIDIATELY because it usually comes with the medium spring available for the shock, but you'll almost definitely want the firmer one.

Hope that helped!
    Last edited by illuminati; 08-07-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Former Bike Wrench
    Not trying to put down your choice, but have you considered the Fanthom 29er Pro?

At 6' 3" you are an ideal candidate for a 29er