mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Fantom 29 X7 Assembly

Ok. I'm not too much of a moron. I don't claim to be a bike builder but I'm handy in the garage and figured I could get it together then a friend of mine might help me tune it. Well I'm having trouble right off

The rear derailleur hanger looks "off" and I can't get the derailleur to sit right either. Also the wheel won't slide up in the opening with the hanger on

Reference images

Sorry for the fuzzy picture but you probably get the idea. Do I need to try and bend this thing to make it line up with the frame?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Kind of what I figured. I sent them off an email with pictures so hopefully I'll hear something back in the morning and have a new one on the way

AZ
    banned
    It will likely break if you bend it back, you really need to replace it. Call BD, they will probably replace it for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    New hanger on the way. Going to get to wait 4 days before I can get this thing on the road

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    The same thing happened with my Point4 bike. Those UPS guys really need to stop punting our bikes. Wouldn't hurt the factory to add some padding or ship the wheel with the wheel installed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo View Post
    The same thing happened with my Point4 bike. Those UPS guys really need to stop punting our bikes. Wouldn't hurt the factory to add some padding or ship the wheel with the wheel installed.
    Think it depends on the size of the bike. My dad bought a FS 26" bike (medium I think) from BD and it came practically assembled. All he had to do was put the bars, stem and front brake on

This one came completely disassembles though. The crank and rear brake was on and that was it

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Huge bummer...I picked one of these exact same bikes three weeks ago, and it came together beautifully.

Hope they replace it quickly for you.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Now USPS is killing me. Showed delivery of the hanger today and it never came.