mtbr member
    May 2008

Fantom 29 pro came!

Ok, bike came, box banged up a bit, but all was great. Now before you guys kill me, I am an extreme noob, and have not ridden a bike in about 20 years (I am 35). I am extremely handy, but would love to see a good pic of the orientation of the controls on the handlebars. Seems easy to slide the shifer on first, then the brake lever. Just want to make sure I have things right. Also the lockout, I am assuming that goes on before the shifter, and the brake lever?

Then we got the cable ties, and the hard cable holder. Where is it normal to put those? I do not want to stick that cable holder somewhere, and then have someone say "why the hell did you put it there".....I did not get to ride it yet as I am waiting for some of this to finish it up. Thanks in advance...

Also it is strange how close the fromt disk brake caliper to the spokes. I guess that is normal cause there is only one way to put it on. It just makes the cable so close to the wheel (I guess that is where on of the ties come in).

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I just got a 700DS, and I'm not using the cable holders. I just use a tie for my front brake cable, around the left prong(?) of the fork, above the shock.

Congrats on your new bike. I know I'm liking mine alot.

Frt Range, CO
    I think the pop-loc goes on the left side between the shifter and brake levers. I don't have mine that way now, getting ready to try it. Have fun!

mtbr member
    May 2008

Shifter position

Do you have the shifter levers like right under the brake levers? So with you hand on the grips, you can shift with you finger, and thumb, or rech for the brake lever?