mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Dont think twice! Fantom pro 29er

HI
    I would like to start by saying that i do not work or am i affiliated with in any way with BikesDirect.com and with that said, If you are looking to get the most for your money and just carefully use the charts to select the correct bike size. Your going to be very happy with your purchase. The bike was very easy to assemble once i received it and with their exceptional customer service makes it's very well worth it. I do recommend that after you put 30 or so miles on it that it be taken to your LBS. To have it fine tuned and checked. The only thing that I've put on the bike besides on how it came was a water bottle and cage, Sette chain guard and a Strada wireless computer. One last thing i must say is that i get nothing but complements on the bike.

KEN

Former Bike Wrench

Good job! Great Point

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji
    HI
    One last thing i must say is that i get nothing but complements on the bike.

KEN
    Funny how in certain forums on MTBR people love to bash on buying a bike from Bikes Direct (or other internet sites). My last two bikes plus my wife's and step mother's bikes have been purchased by me online (I was a bicycle mechanic for 8 years and got really used to paying less than retail). I can do all the work so its never been an issue for me.

As far as riding a BD brand bike, most people have never heard of Windsor so the first question they ask is where does that bike come from. I explain that its from an online company and is made in the same factories as the big name brands (in my Windsor's case, Fuji). Everyone I've run into compliments the bike and I never once had anyone turn their nose up because I purchased on the internet.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Is the "status" factor (eg receiving compliments on the bike) really an issue for people ?