Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Did it. Pulled the Trigger on a New Bike

Ordered the Moto 500HT. This will replace my 2000 Diamondback Response Sport (my 12 year old son gets it to replace his Mongoose). Now for the stinking wait for the delivery. The good news is after next week, I have 2 weeks off for vacation. So I should be able to break it in no problem.

Probably going to do the Virginia Creeper Trail with my family too. Never done it, sees like a fun family ride.

My 7 year old now wants a bike with gears. Why can't BD carry kids bikes? Bummer.

Crud, what is taking UPS so long? Where;s my tracking number? It has been like an hour already.

mtbr member
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy and get some good rides in! I just got a 450 HT delivered yesterday, ordered on Saturday.

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ctimbs View Post
    My 7 year old now wants a bike with gears. Why can't BD carry kids bikes? Bummer.

Crud, what is taking UPS so long? Where;s my tracking number? It has been like an hour already.
    I know that feel, bro (actually, there's quite an age gap here). My 8 y/o brother wants to get a new bike to upgrade from his hot wheels. All the gear bikes at good stores cost well above 200.

Congratulations! You probably have ur tracking # by now. Be sure to keep us posted! It's cool that you decided to go with a bike with a better quality rd. remember that this is mtbreview.com and not just mtbforum.com. That means you are now obligated to post a review! since you bought this bike, chances are that somebody else will also want to.

Anyway, congratulations on your purchase and a nice review would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Congrats on the bike, it wont be long I got the 450ht as well - it took longer only because I had deliver to a different address than my billing address so good luck - do post some pics keep us posted.
    2013 Motobecane 450HT

"You will never ride alone"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev_Pizzaguy View Post
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy and get some good rides in! I just got a 450 HT delivered yesterday, ordered on Saturday.
    Which color did you get?? Congratulations as well - Love mine!!
    2013 Motobecane 450HT

mtbr member
    I got a white 18" frame on mine. Not a big fan of the black or orange, white with the silver lettering looked very clean and classy to me.

Saw an old Moto 400HT in a reddish orange today at the 7/11. Looked like it had been beat up a bit, rusty, faded paint looked sad...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Happy 450 HT owner

I got an 450 HT. I wasn't so sure about orange but my wife said do it. Glad I listened to her. The bike rides great and the color is awesome. I've had it about a week and absolutely love it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Nice. I ordered my second bike from BD and I do not regret it one bit. Will you be building it yourself? I built mine but I was waiting on parts/tools so it took me a week. That and I took my time and went over it with a fine tooth comb.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Being from Knoxville TN (Volunteer Country) Orange and White would have been fantastic for me. Alas, I had only gray from which to choose.

I am going to give it a go at assembling it myself. I bought my oldest son a Giant Iguana off craig's list and it needed tuning. With some time on these forums and youtube I got it tuned in. I even got my middle sons mongoose shifting through all gears relatively smoothly. When it is all said and done though, I may very well take it in to the local shop I use for other stuff. The $40 tune-up includes checking all the nuts and bolts for proper tightening and gets the brakes and derailleurs tuned and everything lubed.

As to a review, I will do my best. However I have little knowledge at this point. I just started riding greenways in June and moved to the mountain bike trails in August. All I have for comparison is an old Huffy, Mongoose XR100, and then my Diamondback. But I will give my perspective as a noob. Might help someone else.

Thanks again for the all the input guys. This forum has been a valuable resource.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Good news, got the tracking number! Bad news, won't be here till Monday. Which is what I expected, but was hoping for divine intervention to get i there tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I also ordered from BD. Got the tracking number yesterday, but it still shows "Label created" only.

Needless to say I've been refreshing the tracking page like mad. It's killing me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Congrats all, im going to pull the trigger here in a few months myself on a Fantom 29 fs. Does any one now where they ship from?

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    "Factory direct" implies that it ships directly from factory. the factory is in Taiwan.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc.reds View Post
    I also ordered from BD. Got the tracking number yesterday, but it still shows "Label created" only.

Needless to say I've been refreshing the tracking page like mad. It's killing me.
    Piece of advice: wait 24hrs to check the tracking number or you will go insane, same thing happened to me .... but I understand you are anxious about it
    2013 Motobecane 450HT

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wolv275 View Post
    Congrats all, im going to pull the trigger here in a few months myself on a Fantom 29 fs. Does any one now where they ship from?
    Texas.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Piece of advice: wait 24hrs to check the tracking number or you will go insane, same thing happened to me .... but I understand you are anxious about it
    oh now you tell me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yeah Monday is gonna drag on forrevvvvverrrrrrrr knowing my bike is at my house. Then I gotta put it together, so doubtful will be able to ride it that evening. Work Tuesday, then teach a self defense class at church so no ridey then either. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Lol at the stuff here. I ordered mine before Labor Day weekend. Man that was a long weekend. In a bad way though. Oh yeah. They ship to Texas from Taiwan and to your home from there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Mine shipped from Florida. Got it in 4 days from time of payment. But I would imagine most ship from Dallas Texas because thats where Bikeisland storefront is located and alot of inventory is there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    my tracking info shows Houston TX as origin.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Sweeeet thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Showed up yesterday. Everything looked in great shape. Got it assembled. Spent a lot of time fiddling with brakes and derailleurs. They are better, but still need tuning. Grrrrrrrrrr. Guess I still need practice on that. But we are supposed to ride tomorrow, and then we are taking a trip to VA to do the creeper trail and maybe some others near by. So I am taking it to the shop and letting them just go over it all. It will give me peace of mind that it has been inspected and adjusted where needed.

Looks great. I believe it is a little heavier than my DB Response. I am so itching to ride it. Been storming in the evenings, so no opportunity yet. Will have pictures up later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ctimbs View Post
    Showed up yesterday. Everything looked in great shape. Got it assembled. Spent a lot of time fiddling with brakes and derailleurs. They are better, but still need tuning. Grrrrrrrrrr. Guess I still need practice on that. But we are supposed to ride tomorrow, and then we are taking a trip to VA to do the creeper trail and maybe some others near by. So I am taking it to the shop and letting them just go over it all. It will give me peace of mind that it has been inspected and adjusted where needed.

Looks great. I believe it is a little heavier than my DB Response. I am so itching to ride it. Been storming in the evenings, so no opportunity yet. Will have pictures up later.
    Have fun..... Maybe the lbs can let you sit in to learn>???

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Next time I will try to sit in. They are doing it today while I am at work. So I can pick it up after, and then my first ride on it.

Geeezzz this day is dragging on forever.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hope you enjoy the bike!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast