mtbr member

Cycle Spectrum Plano closed

I guess the construction made doing business there kind of difficult. Store and that strip center was dumpy anyway.

Anybody know if they plan to open at a new location? If not will BikesDirect open a showroom? Seems kind of weird that they wouldn't have a retail presence in the DFW area.
    Last edited by gmtx77; 04-01-2011 at 12:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I just bought a Windsor Cliff Pro 29er from Cycle Spectrum off 1960 in Houston last Saturday. Three days later (today) I went by to have them check out my noisy rear disc brake and the store had closed?!? I called the phone number and it said something about a lease issue. I'm wondering if I should return the bike to the last location open in Houston before they close too....

John has a long moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by cypressbikeguy
    I just bought a Windsor Cliff Pro 29er from Cycle Spectrum off 1960 in Houston last Saturday. Three days later (today) I went by to have them check out my noisy rear disc brake and the store had closed?!? I called the phone number and it said something about a lease issue. I'm wondering if I should return the bike to the last location open in Houston before they close too....
    troll much?
    I'm not name-calling. I'm just listing the facts. The fact is that you did NOT have 6in inserted----alexrex20

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mediocre
    troll much?

I just got into this hobby after my divorce and I found this site and forum an invaluable resource in selecting a bike and locating local trails. And no, i'm not trolling, nor am I affiliated with any bike anything - i'm in IT. (hence the fact that I need to lose weight).

DynoDon
    Over 200 poeple looked at your post and only one said something stupid, you're doing pretty good, I wish we had Spectrum bike shops, I got my bikes from Bikes Direct online, if you need help with your bike they would probably be the ones to contact, if the other shop closes.. hey good luck on loosing weight, I was over 240 now down to 218, Happy Trails

mtbr member
    I wish they would re-open somewhere in the Dallas area.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    How do you handle your warranty issues if your only local closes? Will bikesdirect assist like manabiker suggested? I was actually looking at bikesdirect before I realized cycle spectrum had the same bike I wanted for $50 more assembled with "lifetime service." Maybe I should have gone directly through bikesdirect so they could have replaced parts if/when they break during my 2yr warranty.

I need all the luck I can get. I went from 260 to 310 during my separation and divorce (a 2.5 year ordeal). A few weeks back I discovered the bike trails by my apartment (cypress creek improper) and remembered that, pre-marriage, I loved riding the trails at walnut creek in austin and it was a great way for me to stay in shape. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll help me shed the weight again.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cypressbikeguy
    How do you handle your warranty issues if your only local closes? Will bikesdirect assist like manabiker suggested? I was actually looking at bikesdirect before I realized cycle spectrum had the same bike I wanted for $50 more assembled with "lifetime service." Maybe I should have gone directly through bikesdirect so they could have replaced parts if/when they break during my 2yr warranty.

I need all the luck I can get. I went from 260 to 310 during my separation and divorce (a 2.5 year ordeal). A few weeks back I discovered the bike trails by my apartment (cypress creek improper) and remembered that, pre-marriage, I loved riding the trails at walnut creek in austin and it was a great way for me to stay in shape. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll help me shed the weight again.

Your warranty issues will have to be handled by another CS location near you or by Bikes Direct which may require you to ship your bicycle to them depending upon the nature of the warranty claim. Good luck with the weight loss, have fun.

John has a long moustache
    I'm wondering if I should return the bike to the last location open in Houston before they close too....
    My reply was directly related to this. In the last few weeks there have been other posts where people throw skepticism at BD/Moto because of a store closing. It doesn't take much to give some people a reason to bash the brand. If you are truly genuine with your concern then I would call Mike at BD and just ask him. They sent warranty parts to me for free on a bike I purchased from Sprtymama on eEbay.
    I'm not name-calling. I'm just listing the facts. The fact is that you did NOT have 6in inserted----alexrex20