My Brain Hurts!

Clyde Options - your opinions please

(Edited to try from a different angle)

Other than the price difference, which of these 29'ers would you go with and why.

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane Fantom 29COMP

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane Fantom 29Elite

I am leaning towards the Elite myself and require a durable bike. At these prices a wheel upgrade is real easy...(I'd probably go to 34 spokes in back for sure)

A little background on me -
    I am a clyde and with gear in the cold weather season push 300 when riding. I am getting that number down but lets go with it! I ride mainly N.E. Wisconsin and the south/central Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Lots of dirt, mud, sand, some rock, tree roots and leaves. Some climbing, some descents but nothing of any real distance compared to those out west. I don't huck, do drops or jumps, unless I overshoot the course. (But then that is usually called crashing)

I am very (read that VERY) leery of a full suspension bike with my weight and currently ride a hard tail. A little bike background, I sold my 2007 Trance 2 as I did not like the feel of the rear end and bought a 2010 Rincon. I want to move up to a 650b (possibly) or a 29er. Lots to decide but one cannot overlook the quality components on the BD bikes at their price points!

Last edited by ProfGumby; 10-18-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: UPDATED/EDITED
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

My Brain Hurts!
    I emailed Bikes Direct and they responded early the next day. A lot of info I knew, some I didn't and some really general stuff but it was great they responded so quick!
    SPOLIER ALERT - scroll down

(Spoiler! No 650b till 2014)
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!