mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Can't hardly wait...IT'S HERE!

Tuesday was a great day! My new Fly Team Ti 29er came in! Haven't had a chance to ride it out on the trail yet but that'll happen tomorrow.

It came undamaged in the package which always is a relief and at the same time that the pedals I ordered did. Which was a bonus.

Assembly was really easy. Mount the handlebars and seatpost then flip over, attach the disc to the rims then mount the front tire. Attach the rear derailleur then the rear wheel put some air in them and it was ready to go.

I have been working late all week so I have just rode it around the neighborhood, across the island in my cul-de-sac and hopped many curbs. Heading out to the Anthills here in Houston tomorrow morning!

The difference in feel from my aluminum 26er that I have been on for the last 4 years I can only describe like going from a 78 Ford F-150 to a 2012 Ferrari. Never realized how rickety, squeeky and hard my old ride was! Can not wait to get this thing out for some real riding.

Here's my 2nd child!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't hardly wait...IT'S HERE!-img_1510.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    That is a REALLY nice looking bike, and I have been checking out Motobecane as well. I'm a 29er NOOB, but it is really hard to ignore the quality vs the price point. I have been eyeballing the Fantom Pro 29er and may have to pull the trigger as soon as they are back in stock.

Looking forward to your next ride review and CONGRATS!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsin View Post
    I have been eyeballing the Fantom Pro 29er and may have to pull the trigger as soon as they are back in stock.
    Do it! I love my Pro29 and a great value. My buddy just got in the Windsor 29er for 799 in yellow. Also a sweet bike for the bucks! The 3x10 DynaSys is a sweet shifting machine.

Really wish the titanium was in my budget when I got my bike as I would prefer to have that over my aluminum. Either way, I love my Moto...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    U will probably want to get one of these in 27.2X410mm, and perhaps some wider carbon bars. That's what I did for mine and it really got the bike setup nicely.

Thomson Elite Bicycle Seatpost: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Definitely will need a seat post, bars and stem. I went a narrow bar because that's what I like but it's all personal preference and depending on your size. A new stem to help shape your geometry makes a world of difference.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I am highly considering getting a Motobecane 29er as well. Bought a used Trek 820 last week off CL as a starter bike that I was planning on keeping for awhile. Went on 2 rides and was hooked. Ready to upgrade to something thats a little newer and a 29er.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    1st ride on the trail yesterday and wow, just freakin wow!

First off I was a little concerned about the handling of the 29er as I have been used to riding the more technical spots on a 26er and the acceleration of a 26'er as well. It was a non issue. The handling of the 29'er is fantastic. It was light enough that I could move it around very easily and as I came out of the tight spots and hammered down this fly weight took off in a hurry.

The soft, "flexy" feel of the Ti frame is awesome. I enjoyed it much more than carbon or aluminum as they are noticeably stiffer and more harsh of a ride. I was no where near as wore out after the ride as I have been before.

The biggest problem I had was the XT trail pedals that I put on it I had tightened down way too much and well, most of you probably know the result of that. After about an hour I had them dialed in and the problem was done.

I did have one bad spill when I went to turn in a mud slicked creek bottom and ended up with my right side covered in mud as well as my pedal and rear derailleur. I had to grab a stick and clean both off as best I could on the trail and ride on. Surprisingly the XO derailleur shifted up and down without a hitch.

The one bad point... THE GRIPS SUCK! other than that, it's pretty sweet.

I would highly recommend this bike to anyone. Looks like I'm going to be having a lot of fun on it for quite some time to come!