mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Can the FlyPro,FLy9357 or any of the 26 Moto.handle true AM riding?

I am looking at buying a 26" mountain bike from bikedirect and would like to know if the FlyPro,FLy9357 or any of the 26" Moto. can handle true AM riding? Being that the frames are set up for Cross Country riding...mostly and some lite trail riding, so is the geometry of the 26" Moto bikes able to handle real mountain riding....I am not into jumping, but would like a bike that can handle some rough and agressive single track, or agressive like trails. I want to travel with this bike around the country riding in different states. I can spend up to 2000$. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Might want to check in the thread for all AM riding it's a good question. I think they personally don't have the right stuff. Things like thru axle front forks, tapered heads and 5"+ travel is best. But they offer a lot for the price... Just depends on how hard you are on your bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the feed back and I will post it in AM.

mtbr member
    Let me know what they say... I'm curious.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I read this after posting the question on this site. I will get back with you after they respond.

1) Advanced frame strengthing for use beyond XC style riding
    Hydroformed gussets, forged dropouts, specifically engineered tubing

This bike is truly versatile. Put slicks on this baby and give those roadies a good scare as this is as light as many road bikes out there. Or, longer travel fork and some meatier tires on it and you have got a superlight trail bike that can handle just about anything and anywhere. These have always sold out very quickly and this batch will too!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sucka mc
    I read this after posting the question on this site. I will get back with you after they respond.

1) Advanced frame strengthing for use beyond XC style riding
    Hydroformed gussets, forged dropouts, specifically engineered tubing

This bike is truly versatile. Put slicks on this baby and give those roadies a good scare as this is as light as many road bikes out there. Or, longer travel fork and some meatier tires on it and you have got a superlight trail bike that can handle just about anything and anywhere. These have always sold out very quickly and this batch will too!
    Yeah or not. I'm pretty sure these bikes aren't designed to bomb down rocks and take jumps and drops all day. Not just with strength of materials, but in geometry and frame design. These are xc race/light trail bikes, don't kid yourself. Motobecane is not Jesus.

mtbr member
    It's doubtful you'll find a Motobecane bike ready for AM trails strait-out-of-the-box. I have a Fantom Comp HT I purchased in 2005 that I ride here in WNC. It works well in Wilsons creek, Wilkesboro, and Iron Mountain(VA). I did make some changes though.

It now has Mavic 321 rims with 2.40/2.25 Ardents, a much wider riser bar, and a 120mm Recon.

I try not to go off anything with more than a three foot dropoff, and I try to stay on rocky, rooty, twisty trails, for which it works just fine.

Also, I try to ride with technique and finesse in difference to the kill myself/bike/tree/rock style.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I've got a Fly Pro-the only thing I DON'T do with it is take it off of big drops. It handles everything else. If your body can take the beating, then it's fine. Up here in CT, we have a ton of rail trails, so it's nice to have a light, fast bike-that said, we also have some pretty gnarly single track (roots the size of my leg, dried up stream beds, etc)-no problems bombing down AM with the bike yet. Something will fail eventually, but I'm guessing it will be me before the bike.