mtbr member

BikesDirect Ti Ad

Anybody else get this from BikesDirect? Are they running a clown show in their advertising dept.?

The Ti links are actually their aluminum framed bikes. Strange.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumQrack View Post
    Are they running a clown show in their advertising dept.?
    They have an advertizing department?

mtbr member
    Heh, I dont know, maybe their ad dept. is their executive dept. as well. :-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    You could have just emailed the address listed in the ad and informed them of the mistake. What is your intent of posting this? Are you trying to make bikesdirect look bad because of a simple error?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumQrack View Post
    Heh, I dont know, maybe their ad dept. is their executive dept. as well. :-)
    xxx

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    one more post.......

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Good question OP.

Their web site has SO MUCH room for improvement IMO.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I got the ADD to, and i thought hurry up before anyone else gets em' Then after reading, i was like, "Man...WTHeck. I think it was like $1800

I would like it if they have a statement on their website that if they are advertising it then they have to HONOR it.

I mean, Mistakes can be made, but like at the stores, If thye have it advertised, then they have should honor it..

"Sometimes you have to eat vegetables, even though you don't like them..." lolz!

mtbr member
    He's just using the popularity of BikesDirect titanium framed mountain bikes to sell the rest of his high end aluminum framed models. I understand the reasoning behind it, however, I object to trying to grab prospective buyer's attention with Ti framed bikes in stock which leads to their aluminum framed line. I don't think it was a mistake, its just deceptive.

Also, just to be clear, I am not bashing BikesDirect per se. They offer excellently speced bikes for an excellent price.
    Last edited by QuantumQrack; 04-16-2012 at 07:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    That's called marketing. All companies do that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Maybe and honest mistake, give them a break. I doubt BD even has a marketing "department".

I think their website is almost perfect, just wish they sorted out 29ers a little better. I have not seen any website elsewhere that's better built for buying a bike.

You guys want to pay for a marketing department and nice flash webpage spewing bike propaganda; that pay other people i.e. pros to ride their bike, then there are lots of choices out there. Personally, the more of my dollar that goes towards the actual bike, the better.