Gringo

Bikesdirect Inventory (or lack thereof)

I'm planning to purchase a Fly 9357 or Pro or Team, and my 20" size is not in stock. The bd4salesteam noted that they expect more [in the] early fall.

I noticed that the inventory of many of the XT and XTR bikes are OUT OF STOCK, or only have small sizes. Several of the Fly hardtails are at the top of my list, but I don't want to wait forever.

Can anyone comment on what they've seen over the years with respect to the timing and availability of new stock?

Mike, I suspect this question is on the mind of many potential buyers who still have the check the IRS gave them because Pres. Bush wants us to help out the economy this summer...

G.

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo
    I'm planning to purchase a Fly 9357 or Pro or Team, and my 20" size is not in stock. The bd4salesteam noted that they expect more [in the] early fall.

I noticed that the inventory of many of the XT and XTR bikes are OUT OF STOCK, or only have small sizes. Several of the Fly hardtails are at the top of my list, but I don't want to wait forever.

Can anyone comment on what they've seen over the years with respect to the timing and availability of new stock?

Mike, I suspect this question is on the mind of many potential buyers who still have the check the IRS gave them because Pres. Bush wants us to help out the economy this summer...

G.
    Thanks for your interest

New FLY PRO, FLY 9357, FLY TEAM, and FLY TEAM Ti are all due to arrive late August or early September.

This year has been great in sales but very hard on inventory.
    1 - all factories are backed up due to world-wide increase in bicycle demand
    2 - all costs are way up - due to Oil & Metal prices and the dropping dollar
    3 - Shimano lead times have increased a lot

We have lots of XT and XTR bikes on order; but many are delayed or pre-sold before they land. Maybe by next summer we and the factories can catch up.

Anyway, during September we should have good FLY stock

BTW - response to the Titanium Fly has been better than I even expected
    buyers of that bike are in love with it AND it is easily a $5000 bike for under $2500

Gringo

Thanks

[QUOTE=bikesdirect]Thanks for your interest

New FLY PRO, FLY 9357, FLY TEAM, and FLY TEAM Ti are all due to arrive late August or early September.

Thanks, Mike! Please give the mtbr.com loyalists a heads up before the rest of the world.

G.

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    [QUOTE=Gringo]
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect
    Thanks for your interest

Thanks, Mike! Please give the mtbr.com loyalists a heads up before the rest of the world.

G.

OK
    I will post when they go on the water
    and have web guy put up pre book option

thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Fantom PRO DS Pre Order

I've been patiently waiting for the Fantom PRO DS to be available. I understand they should be here late August or September. Will there be a pre-order otion for that bike as well?

Thanks,

Gordon

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by ibgordo
    I've been patiently waiting for the Fantom PRO DS to be available. I understand they should be here late August or September. Will there be a pre-order otion for that bike as well?

Thanks,

Gordon
    Fantom Pro DS has been postpned due to availability of Shimano parts
    and Will be in around November - sorry

Fantom Teams are on the way

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect
    Fantom Pro DS has been postpned due to availability of Shimano parts
    and Will be in around November - sorry

Fantom Teams are on the way
    You're killing me! I didn't order the comp. because I thought the Pro was coming in soon. When will the Teams be in?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Mike,
    I tried finding it on your website, but do you sell just the frames?

I'm interested in either the Fly or Fantom HT frames. I found one link to an out of inventory 2006 Fly Team Frame.

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Huff
    Mike,
    I tried finding it on your website, but do you sell just the frames?

I'm interested in either the Fly or Fantom HT frames. I found one link to an out of inventory 2006 Fly Team Frame.

Thanks,
    You can find them here: http://bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_S...0Framesets-ATB

Bike island has some type of affiliation with Bikes direct I think, but I am not sure what.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    You can find them here: http://bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_S...0Framesets-ATB

Bike island has some type of affiliation with Bikes direct I think, but I am not sure what.
    Thanks for the quick response.

Members who have read this thread: 0