mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Smile BikesDirect - A Happy Customer

Hey guys,

I bought the Moto Fantom 29 X7 back in December and I've been loving it! It performs quite well on the trail, though I'm getting used to the longer feeling since I upgraded from a 26.

I really wanted to give props to Matt over at BD customer service. I emailed him because I had a problem where the rear brake (Elixir 1) would not stay properly pressurized. It was a bit soft out of the box so I had it bled at my trusted LBS - within a week I could almost touch it to the handlebar again. The LBS confirmed that there were no leaks, and suggested I contact BD about fixing it.

Matt spoke to Avid/SRAM and they are going to send me a complete brake assembly on their dime. All the correspondence has been quick and friendly, and I am confident I made a good decision by purchasing from BD. I look forward to hitting the trails again this weekend...thanks Matt!!

mtbr member
    Awesome...

I had a similar experience. Matt is great.

Can't figure out why anybody bag on the bd products. Awesome components and value...great service!

What more could you ask for?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I bought a bike from them and had great service as well. 400 happy miles on my Gravity point5 and still going strong.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetmotox View Post
    Awesome...

I had a similar experience. Matt is great.

Can't figure out why anybody bag on the bd products. Awesome components and value...great service!

What more could you ask for?
    My theory is the BD haters blew all their cash on lesser bikes for 25-45% more money, couldn't get refunds so spew venom on anybody who was smart enough to avoid their mistake. I love my Fantom X-9 and am SO glad I didn't follow the crowd and spend more money to buy a lower spec'ed Trek of Felt.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.