Thread: Bikes Direct?

mtbr member

Bikes Direct?

When buying a bike from Bikes Direct how difficult is it to assemble - for a newbie?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You have to bolt on the handle bars, the front disc brake, and the seat. If you have a good set of allen wrenches you will have no problems.

There's a video on the bikesdirect site that will walk you through it if you get yourself into trouble, and if you need to, you can always take it to a bike shop for final assembly. The rear derailleur might need some adjusting too, but it's pretty easy, check out the park tools website for instructions on how to adjust it.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    If you dont have one buy a T25 Torx wrench ,you'll definetly need one, they are around 2-8 dollars at any hardware store. You'll need a 2,3,4,5,6mm allen wrenches also.

mpg
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Assembly is very easy. I have a Fantom 29 and have been documenting my experience in a blog. See http://motobecanefantom29.blogspot.com/

Check the February posts for assembly.

mtbr member
    thanks mpg for your blog info - they do have some great deals. I'm looking at the 400HT - great looking 29er. I'm in the same boat as you - older, need to get in shape, lose weight, lower my cholesterol.