mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Big Thanks To Matt at Bikes Direct!!

I purchased a Dawes Roundhouse 2000 back in beginning of May, i have really enjoyed it and getting into mountain biking. A couple of weeks ago was out riding I noticed that the frt wheel developed a noise/feeling like a bad bearing, attempted with help from and long time rider, to adjust as Matt suggested- no dice still there. Since I am new to all this I took the wheel to a bikeshop for their opinion, they helped me attempt to regrease and adjust, found it to be bad bearing races. I then contacted Matt at BD and explained my issue, sent pics, well he was great! He sent me out a new wheel assembly!! rode a couple of days on a borrowed wheel, part showed up in less than two days!! I know i bought a low end mountain bike, but I feel he went above and beyond to rectify this at no charge!! Thanks Bike Direct!! and Especially Matt!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Matt and Bikes direct will never let you down with their service after the sale. They are the absolute best. Quite frankly most companies could use a case study on their customer service. They ROCK!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    In no way are BD bikes low end..... inconspicuous in name.....yes.....low end on components....no way!

Glad to hear they were responsive to your issues!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    oosagi, not saying bd is low end i meant lower end on pricing, i cant afford thousands of dollars on high end bike, i ride with guys/gals that have them, and BD bike looks just like them at half the cost!!

mtbr member
    this is good to know, my wife is looking at their motobecane from them.
    2012 Trek Fuel EX8 - Matte Black

A God Without A Name
    Matt also carried my triplets surrogate for half the price of a phillipino teenager!

Customer service like no other!

...wait.

mtbr member
    I wonder if good customer service is so rare that the mere mention of a good experience brings out conspiracy theorists.
    LIVESTRONG

A God Without A Name
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKevman View Post
    I wonder if good customer service is so rare that the mere mention of a good experience brings out conspiracy theorists.
    I know right! I think it must be, but it WORKS! I'd have never bought my Kilo TT if Matt hadn't saved me from that bear!

He just punched, RIGHT IN THE FACE.

THEN HE LUBRICATED MY CHAIN. With it's blood!