mtbr member
    Apr 2012

'Big Guys' on the FLY Team Ti?

Im looking at either the Sette Razzo Carbon, or this bike (if they ever get anymore in stock ), just wondering if anyone knows how well these wheels will hold up to a bigger guy (6ft 2in, 230lbs fully geared). The usual trails i ride are pretty rocky, and while i don't thrash my bikes, i do ride pretty hard, and my other ride is a beefy 6.7in travel AM/FR machine. Truthfully, at such a low price, i could just ride the wheels that come on it and beef them up if I have any problems, but just wondered what others have experienced. I would love any feed back on this bike/components, but specifically, the Vuelta Team SL Wheels. Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    My buddy races the Clydesdale class on his FLY Team Ti 29er - loves it! I have the same bike, but I'm 5'7". I haven't had any trouble with the wheels, and neither has my buddy (He's 6'4" - 210 maybe?).

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dstedman View Post
    My buddy races the Clydesdale class on his FLY Team Ti 29er - loves it! I have the same bike, but I'm 5'7". I haven't had any trouble with the wheels, and neither has my buddy (He's 6'4" - 210 maybe?).
    I'm 6'4" and 235lbs. I've been on the Fly team since July 2011 and it's a superb bike. I did taco the rear wheel when I fell (sat) full on the spokes when I didn't unclip in time. That was my fault and not any defect in the manufacturing of the Vueltas. If 235lbs falls directly, full weight, sitting position on the spokes of any rim ,no matter its price, the same thing will happen. I have a set of Eaton Havens now and a pair Shimano 3way clipless cleats and have been good ever since!

XTR shifts w/o issue. Avid 9 have superb stopping power and no issues. FSA crank has been issue free. I put on carbon stem, bar and ti seatpost to compliment the bike's other lightweight components. My XL 21" currently weighs in at 24.5lbs

I couldn't be happier! Best bike I've ever owned, period!

Oh, btw, I'd get on their mailing list if you plan on getting one immediately when they finally restock. Because BD is late in releasing the 2012 model Fly team, I can forsee a mad rush of orders on the 1st day when they finally restock. Given the extra time, all of the folks who are waiting for one will have had more than enough time to get the $$$ set aside and are now just awaiting the starter gun! Think Wal-Mart on Black Friday..... Good Luck!
    Last edited by Odiggy; 05-08-2012 at 08:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting mine in. Just ordered about 10 min ago!!! FINALLY!