mtbr member
    May 2008

New question here. Bashguard for Fantom 29PRO

I'm looking for good bash guard. Any recommendations? What size I need to get?

Former Bike Wrench
    Are you keeping all three rings?

or are you going to a two ring set up...and if so are you sticking with a 32 or upping to a 34 or 36 tooth?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I want to remove big ring and put bash guard in place.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I used the 36 t race face bash guard on my fantom pro. It worked out well. I can upload a pic later if you like. Thanks

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/168...-Bashguard.htm

Former Bike Wrench
    I like the e-13 Supercharger. Its light, durable, and tends to slide over rocks better than alloy. My last full suspension bike had a double ring setup with a 22-36-bash that worked really well and gave me a full range of gears. I've sticked with my triple setup for now on my 29er, but if I were to go to a double, I would probably at least get a 34t for my middle ring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robson13
    I want to remove big ring and put bash guard in place.
    Will you be seriously bashing it, or mostly just using it to get rid of the big ring?

Unless you need something super tough, I recommend the BBG bashguards. They are cheap ($12 + $4 shipping), light, and durable within reason. I've bought three from Erin and would buy more. They have stood up to the occasional hits off big rocks without any problems.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for good info. My main reason to get bashguard is for protection and I want to remove big ring since I'm not using it at all. I could keep it and use it as protection but bashguard will look better.

ISO Flowy Singletrack!
    Dec 2008
    I'm running a race face bashring and am impressed with how strong it is. Have slammed it into rocks and logs with no sign of bending. The model I have isn't light, but it's very durable.