In Transit
    Nov 2009

Awfully quite in here ...

Did all of the cheapskates migrate to the Airborne forum?

Seems like there was a lot more activity here about three years back when I was shopping for my Fantom 29 Pro. It's been a great bike. I should post an update to my build thread.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Too many happy customers not having issues. Love my Ti Fly 29er! And my Le Champion Ti!

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    Yeah, I guess the other possibility is that all of the possible questions have been asked and answered many times over. Not that that has slowed activity on any other forum I have been on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    There are usually about 30 people lurking in this section of the forum at any given time, but I haven't seen many posts lately. I'm one of those guys who spends more time at the Airborne section of the forum now as I recently purchased a Guardian, but I still have my Motobecane Fantom cyclocross!

neeeds donation$ for bike
    i just ordered a ti 29er. I will be posting here in a few days with pics and such.

btw. the value on bd is still better the airborne in my opinion minus the non tapered headtubes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw View Post
    btw. the value on bd is still better the airborne in my opinion minus the non tapered headtubes.
    You could make that argument. I'd say that the Airborne frames are better designed, though, not in terms of frame quality (Motobecane has very nice welds, etc.), but in overall design. I know that Airborne puts a lot of time in research and development of the frames, and I think they nailed it when they designed the Guardian/Goblin frame. So, while I think you are going to get a very good quality bike from Bikes Direct with good components, based on my personal experience with both companies, IMHO you are going to get a better frame with Airborne.

newer tech/geo frame yeah 10-4. I could second that to an extent. but titanium is another ball park considering airborne not making one leaving no comparison there. that is why alot of people go to bd, for the titanium.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw View Post
    newer tech/geo frame yeah 10-4. I could second that to an extent. but titanium is another ball park considering airborne not making one leaving no comparison there. that is why alot of people go to bd, for the titanium.
    Ironically, Airborne started out making titanium frames, but that business is gone, and the new Airborne has been born. The only knock against new Airborne frames is that they tend to be a little heavy, so I'd say Motobecane has the edge there, especially with titanium. The good thing about that is that Airborne frames are built like tanks - my Guardian feels extremely solid, but it is also very nimble.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have a question. When are new Moto'c coming out? I am finally ready to buy but there is no chatter like there is usually in the spring. Anybody know anything?

Thanks.

bd just restocked the fantom 29ers FYI

mtbr member
    Hello..
    Im new to the forum.. I just ordered a Motobecane Elite Adventure from B.D.... Am I ok to post about it here since the bike is an Adventure "hybrid" ?

mtbr member
    I'm no one other than another board member but imo you are more than welcome to post about a hybrid.
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaLL6 View Post
    I'm no one other than another board member but imo you are more than welcome to post about a hybrid.

Thanks..
    Now that I have had time to look around on here I see most everyone is friendly and open to discussion of all types of Motobecane rides..

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dstedman View Post
    Too many happy customers not having issues. Love my Ti Fly 29er! And my Le Champion Ti!

Exactly what I was going to say. 2500 hard miles on my point5 and not one issue.