Thread: Anniversary

hippymtnbkr
    Nov 2006

Anniversary

Well it's been almost a year since I got ripped off by Mike Pratt. According to Mr. Pratt and all his wimpy cronies, is that I had no knowledge of working on a bike. Well I'm here to say that I just got a holiday job at the local bike(that's bike shop, not Wallyworld Mr. Snowblower) asembling and doing tune-ups. So I get to build Treks ,GF, & Serotta's. I think Motobecraps may be more complicated. Kind of Ironic, don't ya think
    Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tydydownthehighway
    Well it's been almost a year since I got ripped off by Mike Pratt. According to Mr. Pratt and all his wimpy cronies, is that I had no knowledge of working on a bike. Well I'm here to say that I just got a holiday job at the local bike(that's bike shop, not Wallyworld Mr. Snowblower) asembling and doing tune-ups. So I get to build Treks ,GF, & Serotta's. I think Motobecraps may be more complicated. Kind of Ironic, don't ya think

WTF are you talking about?

And judging from what I have seen at most LBS - working there says nothing about your qualifications.

P.S. I had five minutes to kill, and I looked at your old post. Apparently you have ordered a cheap bike with parts you did not like and got upset when it actually came with parts you did not like. That's... for the lack of a better word.. dumb.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm so tired of all people bashing Motobecane bicycles...I can't figure what is their problem? Maybe they are upset because they own overpriced Trek or Specialized which is not really a better bike.

Just recently I had a pleasure of testing some Giant and Specialized bikes around NJ trials and I must say that I'm glad I didn't buy any of them...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    To be honest I want to thank you tydydownthehighway not for bashing motebecane for no good reason but for representing yourself as the stereotypical person who does bash them.
    To anyone that is considering a motobecane you should realize that 90% of the reason why they catch so much **** is they do not have the power of a name brand but yet you can get a bike with the same parts spec. or better and a build quality on par with most major brands and best of all its 30 to 50% less money then the big names simply because it lacks that name brand

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I didn't know you actually had to know how to work on a bike to work as a mechanic at a bike shop. I wish my local bike shops knew that, then maybe their mechanics might know something.

Luckily for me I do all my own work, because I do not trust any LBS mechanic. So I don't need to worry about you ever working on my bike. As I recall you were incapable of even putting a tire on your own bike correctly.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

Cuánto pesa?