Thread: 700 Ht??

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

700 Ht??

Hey guys, I'm about to "pull the trigger". I can't decide between the Motobecane 700 HT or the Fantom trail. I'm 5'5" and I'm wondering if the extra $100 is worth it. Obviously I'm going with the small frame in either. Is the standover in the "Trail" going to be too tall for me? My standover (minus my sack) is 29". I actually prefer the look of the "Trail" over the polished 700HT. Any input would be GREAT!

Thanx,
    Matt

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    With the Fantom Trail you get better brakes, longer shock travel with lockout. I was deciding between the 700HT, Fantom Trail and Ibex Trophy Comp and went with the Fantom Trail. You do get a step up in the derailleur with the 700HT.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have a Fantom Trail. Looks to be a great bike. I was going to go with the 700 but folks here said better components on the Trail. Go for the Trail.

The one I got seems a little too close for comfort for the size I got (18"). The height that they give you is from the bottom of the top tube. I have a 31" inseam and man is it close. Haha...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev2S
    I have a Fantom Trail. Looks to be a great bike. I was going to go with the 700 but folks here said better components on the Trail. Go for the Trail.

The one I got seems a little too close for comfort for the size I got (18"). The height that they give you is from the bottom of the top tube. I have a 31" inseam and man is it close. Haha...

I'm waiting for an 18" Fantom Comp DS to come in but by what you're saying (I have a 30" inseam, but am 6'.... short legs.. ) should I buy a small?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    im 5-11 and i have a 18 inch fantom comp. Its right there, i wouldnt want to be any taller. My main complaint is the length of the top tube.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Donzi
    I'm waiting for an 18" Fantom Comp DS to come in but by what you're saying (I have a 30" inseam, but am 6'.... short legs.. ) should I buy a small?
    You'll probably be fine. I finally gave my bike a good workout and it seems to be fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Just wondering if you got one of these? If so, which one and are you happy? I'm in a similar boat but am closer to 5'7"...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    i want to buy a moto 700ht off bikes direct.com i am willing to spend 700 bucks i am 5'11'' and i wanted to get a fantom trail but im not really in the size range and would prefer a bigger bike. I AM 16 AND DO TRAIL RIDING AND RACING A BUMPY RIDE some jumps and do a little bit of hopping on back tire stuff what should i do?