Nov 2013
    let us know what you think of it.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Do Bikes Direct prices ever decrease?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    [QUOTE=sml-2727;11234321let us know what you think of it.[/QUOTE]

Here are my impression s so far. By way of backround I m coming from lower end treks, most recently a trek 4300.

Fit and Finish are first rate. No flaws or blemishes. Astheticly the titanium is gorgeous

Bike comes almost completely disassembled.

I am about 5'6 3/4. With a 29-30 inch in seam. Stand over is about 28 inchs on the 15 inch frame. was torn between the 15 and the 17 but i am happy with the 15 inch. I think I would have clearance issues otherwise. I will say I am catching my toes a bit on sharp turns but i also had that issue on my 18 trek. It may be this bike is so sensative and fun I am turning tighter on purpose.

I finished it with saint pedals and a different seat. Stock is torturous on my (cough)Older (cough) posterior.

Did about 6 miles today on street. very fast acceleration. Very sensative steering. Coming from mechanical disks almost went over bar first time i hit them.

Road vibrations where significantly reduced over the trek .

Tomorrow I should be going trail riding with my son (his first time) I will post more then.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Also compared the 26 inch trek to the 27.5 ti over some obstacles. The bigger tires have a very similer road feel to the 26. BUT the ability to go over obstacles is significantly enhanced. I have never been comfortable on 29rs but I have no issue on the 27.5.

Can not figure out how to upload pictures from my phone but will try to post from Home later.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Do Bikes Direct prices ever decrease?
    BD usually offer a modest pre-order discount, pre-order because the timing is prior to BD receiving shipment from Taiwan. With some models such as their Ti hardtail XC bikes, BD seem to sell out the smallest size very quickly. BD may eventually offer a modest closeout discount on the last several bikes, usually the largest size, when moving on to newer combination of frames and compinents.

The stuff that gets banged up in shipping and returned to BD may show up with a larger discount at their outlet Bike Island.

mtbr member
    27.5" Motobecanes are coming!-image.jpg27.5" Motobecanes are coming!-image.jpgWell, for those of you not keeping track, BD has released the 150mm dual suspension 650 b models..... a pro and a comp. I put mine on order last week. Arrival time is one month from now.... grrrrrrrr! Guess i'll keep riding my moto 29er hardtail till then! BTW, i bought the pro model. I have already purchased a WTB volt saddle, reverb dropper post, 60mm truvativ AKA stem, and a shock pump. I have a thread on the 27.5/650b forum if ya wanna check it out.
    "I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm all outta bubblegum".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coot271 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	904542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	904543Well, for those of you not keeping track, BD has released the 150mm dual suspension 650 b models..... a pro and a comp. I put mine on order last week. Arrival time is one month from now.... grrrrrrrr! Guess i'll keep riding my moto 29er hardtail till then! BTW, i bought the pro model. I have already purchased a WTB volt saddle, reverb dropper post, 60mm truvativ AKA stem, and a shock pump. I have a thread on the 27.5/650b forum if ya wanna check it out.
    Where did you find this info? I just visited the motobecane Web site and didn't see these new models. I wanted to check the geometry to see if they're still making everything with old XC geo...aka 71* head tube angles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaHag View Post
    Where did you find this info? I just visited the motobecane Web site and didn't see these new models. I wanted to check the geometry to see if they're still making everything with old XC geo...aka 71* head tube angles.
    SeaHag, go to bikesdirect.com and click on MTB tab, then 27.5/650b tab. You will see the bikes on the second or third row down. The geo specs are not listed. I contacted BD about it and Chris advised that they didn't have them, but would get them posted as soon as they could. The HT angle..whaddaya think? It may be 68/69 deg. maybe??

Or, just google motobecane 6BY6.
    Last edited by coot271; 06-29-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: addt'l infor
    "I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm all outta bubblegum".

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I saw them on thursday, good price for a full suspension bike, the frames looks way different than a Giant Trance, which is the other 650b im looking at right now but they are 2x more in price.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    But ... no X-Large / 21" size available. Both my Fantom Pro 29 and Borix X-9 are of the XL size. Pretty sure the 52cm is bit short for me. Dang it, and I just broke my 29'r full suspension bike and was looking at the 27.5 as a replacement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2